Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halloween (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What's your first sign of Halloween 2013?!? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51355)

KWasser 07-22-2013 03:17 PM

What's your first sign of Halloween 2013?!?

It's just about that time again!

I read in another thread here on the Halloween forum that some forum members are spotting Halloween candy out on display in stores. I haven't seen that yet, but I did have my own recent encounter with Halloween decorations:

Back on July 3rd, my wife and I went to Party City, a local party decorations store, to try and get 4th of July supplies. I couldn't help but notice they had a back room which was kind of separate from the rest of the store, in which they stored Halloween decorations. I asked a local sales representative if they had Halloween decorations back there all year long.

She said yes, that was the Halloween section, though here in the next couple weeks, they'll slowly be expanding the Halloween section to the rest of the store, until it'll completely take over as the theme of the store (around sometime in September)!

So I made a mental note about that and decided to go back over there today (since I was on that side of town). I went in, and it was still mostly summer decorations...BUT there were signs hanging up all around saying "Halloween is coming!" which was cool. And towards the back of the store, you could see they had already converted some new sections off and were putting out Halloween costumes and decorations! The spreading of Halloween inside the store has begun!! :pumpkin:

So what's your first sign of Halloween 2013?!?

'Tis the season 07-23-2013 01:45 AM

Still awaiting my first sign. I reckon another four weeks yet, after the shops have finished their back to school promotions before Halloween hits the shelves over here. Should be full steam ahead then :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

ClaireLovesChristmas 07-23-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Tis the season (Post 541067)
Still awaiting my first sign. I reckon another four weeks yet, after the shops have finished their back to school promotions before Halloween hits the shelves over here. Should be full steam ahead then :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I agree, once the shops end there "back to school" range they will put out the halloween things in their place, am guessing mid september x

Festive Spirit 07-23-2013 02:35 AM

I have not seen anything yet but I certainly have been thinking about it!

Yesterday I spotted some little paper lantern bags. You fill them up with pebbles or sand and put a tea light in it. I suppose people use them for summer in the garden but when I saw them I thought how lovely these would look along my pathway on halloween night. So I am going to get a few in this week. I am so excited about putting them up and I guess this is my own first sign.

We are entering August in a few days and then it will mean just a couple months till Halloween ! Crazy how time flies!

kgstyles 07-23-2013 06:21 PM

I saw some things at the Dollar Tree here in Grand Forks 2 days ago. It wasn't much, they just had a few decorations for hanging in a window or on a door and some figurines and plates and cups that were all Halloween themed and a row of bags of candy. I did a double take when I walked by, I wasn't expecting to see any this early in the year. lol But it did get me excited for Halloween!

KWasser 07-24-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgstyles (Post 541436)
I saw some things at the Dollar Tree here in Grand Forks 2 days ago. It wasn't much, they just had a few decorations for hanging in a window or on a door and some figurines and plates and cups that were all Halloween themed and a row of bags of candy. I did a double take when I walked by, I wasn't expecting to see any this early in the year. lol But it did get me excited for Halloween!

Huh, must be something about Dollar Tree...I don't think Walgreens will start roll out it's Halloween stuff until the tail end of August. Walmart will start rolling out "Fall" stuff around the same time, though for actual Halloween costumes and such, it'll be closer to Mid September when they roll that stuff out.

At least, that's the way it's been around here the last few years...

judesmama 07-25-2013 07:09 AM

Darn, I forgot to take pics at Michael's again!! THey are out in full swing there. The kids and I were very excited yesterday!

whitney37354 07-25-2013 07:14 AM

Carolina Pottery had some of their Halloween stuff out on Tuesday. Usually by now DD has told me what she wants to be for Halloween. She's been so busy this summer with VBS, day camp, vacation, & swim lessons, she hasn't had time to think about it, I guess. Maybe I'll mention it to her to see what she has in mind. We'll be at Disney World the first full week of October this year, so we'll really get a good look at Halloween decor down there!

Woody67 08-24-2013 01:00 PM

I'd noticed a few Halloween-related DVD releases available on Amazon.com

kelly ann 09-15-2013 10:41 AM

Halloween is all year around for me! lol