Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Childrens Christmas Names... (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51481)

rodmonster 07-30-2013 12:13 PM

Childrens Christmas Names...

How many of you have at least one of your kids named after something to do with Christmas?
My oldest daughters middle name (the one she goes by too).. is Noel..
My youngest daughters middle name is Belle as in Christmas Bells.... She likes to go by her first and second name together.. of Sarah Belle...

Both were purposefully named after Christmas.
Unfortunatly my oldest boy does not get to share in this fun...

Anyone else?

rodmonster 07-30-2013 12:15 PM

More i found online

Baby boy names

Balthazar (one of the Three Wise Men)
Caspar (one of the Three Wise Men)
Christian
Christopher
Claus / Klaus
Gabriel (Christmas angel)
Giftson
Jesus
Joy
Joseph
Kristopher
Melchior (one of the Three Wise Men)
Nicholas / Nick
Night
Noel
North
Prophet
Rudolph
Shephard / Shepherd
Tree
Yule / Yul

Baby girl names

Belle
Bethlehem
Candy
Carol
Charity
Christina / Christine
Cookie
December
Gabriella
Gift / Gifty
Glory / Gloria
Holly
Israella
Ivy
Love
Mary
Merry
Myrrh
Noel / Noelle / Noella
Northelyn
Star / Starr
Virgia / Virginia / Virgine

Baby boy and girl names

Angel
Bell
Blessing / Blessings
Christmas
Israel
Kris
Nazareth
Peace
Spirit
Wish

MerryCarey 07-30-2013 12:29 PM

Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny and many other animated characters) named his son Noel---so his name, Noel Blanc, translates to "white Christmas."

judesmama 07-30-2013 02:29 PM

Yes!! My 2nd little guy is Noel, pronounced like grassy KNOLL. :) And Jude was a friend of Jesus.. that counts right? :)

Christmasstar 07-30-2013 05:29 PM

my oldest daughters middle name is Gabrielle...the only one I could get away with!

xmas365 07-30-2013 05:49 PM

Before we found out our second child was a boy, if he was a girl his name was going to be Olivia Noelle. He was a boy, and neither one of my boys have Christmassy names.

sdkluger 07-30-2013 08:21 PM

Our youngest girl is named Leila Nicole. Leila = Santa's wife according to The Autobiography of Santa Claus by Jeff Guinn (spelled Layla in the book but oh well), Nicole = the female form of Nicholas. Therefore, I say she has a Christmas name.

George Broderick, Jr. 07-31-2013 07:42 AM

Does anyone name their kids "Ebenezer" anymore..? :sad:

My daughter's name is Megan... as in "I'm Megan a big batch of Christmas cookies!"

novelist 08-25-2013 03:35 PM

:-PI don't have any biological children, instead, I have three step sons. My oldest step son is named Nicholas. He wasen't born during the holidays, it just happened to be a name my husband and his ex liked. The middle SS is a December baby, his name is Adam, so although it's not a Christmas name, it is a religious one.

momnan30 08-25-2013 03:52 PM

Anyone ever notice that in most of the Hallmark Christmas movies, the main character is Holly, or Chrissy...in the movie, "Naughty or Nice", the character was "Chrissy Kringle"!
LOL...they really take it to the limit!
I love the names, Holly and Noelle for a girl and would definitely have considered Nicholas for a little guy if family names hadn't been a tradition for our family.