Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Your opinion on A Christmas Story 2 (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51654)

Daniel12days 08-16-2013 01:14 PM

Your opinion on A Christmas Story 2

I admit, When I heard it was gonna be made, I had absolutely ZERO hope that it was going to be good. It's like with the remake of Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, you cannot top the original. But, this is not about my harshly bitter opinion about a sequel to one of my favorite Holiday films of all time. I am giving my chance for you, the fellow members of My Merry Christmas, to vent about this film. NOTE: You must watch your language.

XmasDreams 08-16-2013 01:39 PM

Take away the idea that this is a sequel and it is a pretty good holiday or Christmas movie. Watched it one day at work and laughed and had a great time. Now i would not rate this high in my top 50 Christmas movies but it might make it into the top 100.

The biggest thing for me no matter how bad a movie can be i can usually find something that makes it fun to watch. Heck if i have to it will be come fodder for me to do my own take of MST3k toward a movie. With all that said the movie is neither bad or great, it is one of those movies that you should watch and laugh when it needs a laugh and walk away knowing you have added yet another Christmas movie to the every growing notch on your belt.

Yuletide Junkie 08-17-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XmasDreams (Post 546888)
Take away the idea that this is a sequel and it is a pretty good holiday or Christmas movie. Watched it one day at work and laughed and had a great time. Now i would not rate this high in my top 50 Christmas movies but it might make it into the top 100.

The biggest thing for me no matter how bad a movie can be i can usually find something that makes it fun to watch. Heck if i have to it will be come fodder for me to do my own take of MST3k toward a movie. With all that said the movie is neither bad or great, it is one of those movies that you should watch and laugh when it needs a laugh and walk away knowing you have added yet another Christmas movie to the every growing notch on your belt.

Your input is greatly appreciated. This is the first remotely positive word I have heard about the film.

drkmater 09-04-2013 05:36 PM

First, don't even think about it, in relation to the original.

Now with that said, it wasn't terrible. But where the film fails the most, is the score. It sounds like it was scored with a Casio keyboard. Just gosh darn awful, it brings down the entire film.

From what I've read, they didn't have the budget, to do a real score. Such a pity. The acting and story aren't half bad. (For a direct to video anyway.) It's a real shame. It truly had the potential to be something better. :sad: