Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Teen Talk (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Crushing a crush in its tracks... (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52110)

Spyells 09-17-2013 03:28 PM

Crushing a crush in its tracks...

(I'm not a teenager, I'm 22-years-old, but I wasn't sure where to put this)

Anyway, I think I feel a crush coming on for a classmate of mine. I hardly have crushes (its been a few years since my last one), which I consider a good thing because they're distracting. Also, every time I've had a crush it's ended badly. I'm horrible with guys. I have to admit that not having a crush actually makes my life easier and less painful. Any tips on how to crush a new crush before it even gains ground? :?

xmas365 09-17-2013 05:02 PM

It is a natural feeling, I don't know if there is a way you can "crush" it. Just let nature take its course, it is kind of awkward trying to avoid the person, just be friends with no expectations. I know that's easier said than done.

Spyells 09-17-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmas365 (Post 556025)
It is a natural feeling, I don't know if there is a way you can "crush" it. Just let nature take its course, it is kind of awkward trying to avoid the person, just be friends with no expectations. I know that's easier said than done.

Ok, I'll try. And, I can understand what you mean by avoiding them. I tried that on a high school crush and it was awful. The last crush I had in freshmen year of college was bad too. I just hated him after he treated me funny for telling him I liked him. Crushes really suck. :-(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

made582 09-17-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmas365 (Post 556025)

I'm with Xmas here. There is really no way to crush it. It's just a matter of time and if you know that it's a situation that is never meant to be, searching for something or someone else to keep your mind occupied.

Spyells 09-17-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by made582 (Post 556070)
I'm with Xmas here. There is really no way to crush it. It's just a matter of time and if you know that it's a situation that is never meant to be, searching for something or someone else to keep your mind occupied.

Ok. :-(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Festive Spirit 09-18-2013 04:01 AM

After reading your dilema I immediatley thought of the quote from the movie Sixteen Candles when her dad tells her........

''That's why they call them crushes. If they were easy, they'd call them something else. ''

No one can predict how things are going to go when it comes to love and relationships. You have had a bad experience before and you are scared, this is normal. But taking chances is part of life.

I guess it depends on how deep your crush is. Some times we develop crushes for people when we hardly know them becasue we get to make them into who we want them to be in our heads. Often you might find after getting to know that person that the crush soon disolves. Maybe you can get to know him better. By doing so hopefully you can pick up any signs that he might feel the same way or you might find you don't like in that way afterall.

I remember how consuming and bittersweet crushes can be.

When I was 17 and I had my heart broken, I was devastated . My older brother gave me some advice that stayed with me ever since. He reminded me of when we were little and how we would plant seeds and wait for them to grow into flowers. Some grew while some never did but it never stopped us planting them every year. He told me never to be afraid of ''planting'' my love or friendship for people because like our flowers some will bloom while others will not.........but it sure is worth it when they do.