Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   My Merry Christmas HQ (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Hate Mail, the Merry Podcast and Having Too Much Fun (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52119)

Jeff Westover 09-18-2013 01:23 AM

Hate Mail, the Merry Podcast and Having Too Much Fun

One of the great things about the Merry Podcast is the ongoing mail it seems to generate. Because it is on iTunes and other places out there I never know where or how people are acquiring it. And even though we identify MMC as our home I wonder why so many don't seem to make that connection.

Anyway, we receive email on past episodes all the time. The topics run the gamut and sometimes I have to look back at what we have done to remember what it was that was said on a podcast.

But not on this last one. For the first time ever I have received hate mail as a result of a podcast.

In the most recent episode we talked about Santa in Song and one of the brief snippets we played was a version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" performed by the Westboro Baptist Church.

Well, we all know who they are and I thought I was clear enough on the podcast what I think about them but darn if someone out there thought we were endorsing them and their unbelief/hate for Santa. And that drove them to send us an email.

The heck of it is that they didn't give me a valid return email to answer them or attempt to set them straight. So now I've got this thing in my head that I'm offending people unnecessarily....[sigh]....

On the other hand, the next episode of the podcast is quickly coming together and I'm having a great time getting through it. It is sometimes way too much fun to do these things.

I am going to try to push more episodes out sooner over the course of the next 90 days or so. I'm not sure if we can but I do have a number of topics stacked up that we've been massaging all year.

That being said though...give me some feedback...what are some areas where you'd like us to go in future episodes?

tbutler 09-18-2013 07:07 AM

Thanks for the podcast !!! I look forward to every episode! It's a delight!!!!

RachRon 09-18-2013 08:00 AM

It's amazing because whatever the subject you are bound to get a hateful response from someone it's is almost unavoidable these days. I for one enjoy the podcasts very much they are loaded with info. I know I already mentioned this one but I would be interested in the commercials of Christmas I look forward to seeing those every year but sometimes just seeing an old one online can instantly provoke a memory.

Holiday 09-18-2013 01:45 PM

Don't let it get you down! Geesh!! (I know it won't!) :smile: It was a great podcast & I enjoyed it very much! It was clear (to me & most) that you were not endorsing it!