Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Weight Loss (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   I wanted to share (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52859)

joyful 10-24-2013 10:50 AM

I wanted to share

I lost over 100 pounds 6 yrs. ago. Due to the fact I took care of my Dad before he died, I quit walking. Then I went into deep depression after losing my wonderful father and best friend.

So I had to start all over again, which I did this past May. To date I've lost 38 pounds and started my walking routine. I conquered the big hill behind my house this past Sunday which is totally awesome since I also have knee trouble.

I just want to share what I have found to inspire me.

It's hard to be overweight, it's hard to lose weight and it's hard to maintain your weight once it's been lost. CHOOSE YOUR "HARD"

Have I reached my goal? No, but I will because the "hard" I choose is to lose weight.

Previously I lost weight on South Beach Diet, which is excellent. I could not mentally get back on South Beach. This time I used Haylie Pomroy's book
"The Fast Metabolism Diet. It worked for me. Now I just combine the two diets plus walking, working out on my glider.

If I can't walk outside, I use Leslie Sansone's 3 mile walking DVD. Not expensive and available at Amazon and most retailers.

I sincerely hope my info. will help and inspire for it's a daily walk.

Sabine 10-24-2013 11:21 AM

thank you for sharing.
I also have a never ending battle with my weight.

novelist 10-25-2013 02:16 PM

:celebrate:Diet and Exercise has become a part of my everyday life. My husband and i walk 3 miles five days a week. We don't relly "diet" per se, but use portion control, not eating in between meals, only having dessert on weekends, and even then, not overdoing it. We feel it is important to change our eating habits, making it a life goal, and exercising five days a week. We love walking,but when the weather is bad, we go on our treadmill.

Joyfully yours 10-26-2013 05:58 AM

Good for you!

http://http://blingee.com/blingee/ge...mage=706710142

I understand your struggle, not because I have one, but
when I looked after my aunt for a few years, she suffered from obesity, which brought on diabetes, which caused her to suffer a stroke, and mild heart attack. I started her on a diet and that very same "walking exercise" program from Leslie!
She started to lose weight, and lost 50 lbs in 6months!
I was very happy for her, but she had other financial problems, and due to that, we parted ways. She ended up moving back to Pennsylvania and gained the weight and more back. She ended up weighing about 300 lbs before her passing.
I am the only one in my family who has never been overweight and I am a chef in a private home, and love to bake goodies, and I love carbs! But I also look after a 4 storey home, and also try to keep to my exercise regime, I hate it when I gain 5 lbs......LOL!
So YOU keep on going girl, half the battle is the desire to do something about it!
Unfortunately my aunt had no real desire, she was basicly a lazy woman, and it cost her, and me, because she paid with her life, and I lost an aunt that I loved dearly.
All the best, I'll be hoping for you!
Later.......!:dance:

sugar142286 10-26-2013 06:27 AM

Congrats to you, joyful! Sounds like you are on the right path! Keep up your great work, as well as the rest of you!

trackrebel 10-26-2013 01:00 PM

AWESOME!!!! WAY TO GO!!!! I too need to lose weight!!!! Will have to find my inspiration and workout every day and eat better

xmastidings 10-26-2013 03:17 PM

Thank you for sharing this with us! I think you've made great progress since going thru such a difficult time in your life....keep up the good work, stay focused, create goals and be proud of yourself and all that you have accomplished. :thumbsup:

Remember that you are not alone~ :-D

Magpie 10-26-2013 06:18 PM

Good for you Joyful! Keep on going!

Bullypup 10-26-2013 07:05 PM

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the wonderful news.

Holiday 10-28-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyful (Post 566763)
I lost over 100 pounds 6 yrs. ago. Due to the fact I took care of my Dad before he died, I quit walking. Then I went into deep depression after losing my wonderful father and best friend.

So I had to start all over again, which I did this past May. To date I've lost 38 pounds and started my walking routine. I conquered the big hill behind my house this past Sunday which is totally awesome since I also have knee trouble.

I just want to share what I have found to inspire me.

It's hard to be overweight, it's hard to lose weight and it's hard to maintain your weight once it's been lost. CHOOSE YOUR "HARD"

Have I reached my goal? No, but I will because the "hard" I choose is to lose weight.

Previously I lost weight on South Beach Diet, which is excellent. I could not mentally get back on South Beach. This time I used Haylie Pomroy's book
"The Fast Metabolism Diet. It worked for me. Now I just combine the two diets plus walking, working out on my glider.

If I can't walk outside, I use Leslie Sansone's 3 mile walking DVD. Not expensive and available at Amazon and most retailers.

I sincerely hope my info. will help and inspire for it's a daily walk.

That is so awesome!!! Good for you!!! I had that saying "It's hard to be overweight, it's hard to lose weight and it's hard to maintain your weight once it's been lost. CHOOSE YOUR "HARD"" on my fridge for a long time!! It's so true!! And I love the Leslie Sansone dvd's!!! It's that time of year I'll probably be getting them out again! Good luck to you - keep up the GREAT work!!! You go girl!!!