Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   November! It's All About Christmas. (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53027)

Festive Spirit 11-01-2013 01:49 AM

November! It's All About Christmas.

Happy November! It's here and it's all about Christmas now :)

Christmas is everywhere and will take over our lives for the next few weeks. I just love it! As Elton John says in the song it's time to 'Step into Christmas!'

Some might say it's still a bit early but I think why wait too much longer. It all passes so quickly and there is so much to do and enjoy.

This year I am taking inspiration from some of my MMC buddies and I plan to start listening to Christmas music from early November, perhaps next week.! I have to compile my Christmas playlists so it's a good excuse :)

During November the city will switch on their lights and so will my town, the Christmas markets will open , major shopping will begin and Christmas adverts will increase. By the end of the month my house will be decorated and my Christmas tree will go up on the last weekend in November!

I am looking forward so savouring every moment of the season just like all of you I'm sure.

Happy November everybody!
............It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! :-x

George Broderick, Jr. 11-01-2013 08:09 AM

Well, it's MOSTLY about Christmas! There's Thanksgiving here in the states and, of course, MY birthday on the 15th! Just sayin', is all... cheesy

Festive Spirit 11-01-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Broderick, Jr. (Post 569001)
Well, it's MOSTLY about Christmas! There's Thanksgiving here in the states and, of course, MY birthday on the 15th! Just sayin', is all... cheesy

LOL I hope you will have a very special birthday George!

MerryCarey 11-01-2013 10:28 AM

I plan to enjoy plenty of Christmas in November (along with Thanksgiving and George's birthday! cheesy)---yesterday evening I ripped some Christmas CDs and synced about 1400 Christmas songs to my iPhone. I listened on shuffle on the way to work, and am looking forward to listening in the weeks to come.

snowflake22 11-01-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit (Post 568898)
Happy November! It's here and it's all about Christmas now :)

Christmas is everywhere and will take over our lives for the next few weeks. I just love it! As Elton John says in the song it's time to 'Step into Christmas!'

Some might say it's still a bit early but I think why wait too much longer. It all passes so quickly and there is so much to do and enjoy.

This year I am taking inspiration from some of my MMC buddies and I plan to start listening to Christmas music from early November, perhaps next week.! I have to compile my Christmas playlists so it's a good excuse

During November the city will switch on their lights and so will my town, the Christmas markets will open , major shopping will begin and Christmas adverts will increase. By the end of the month my house will be decorated and my Christmas tree will go up on the last weekend in November!

I am looking forward so savouring every moment of the season just like all of you I'm sure.

Happy November everybody!
............It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Excellent thread, Festive Spirit!!!
There's so much excitement in the air!!

:sparkle::playing:

Father Christmas 11-01-2013 11:20 AM

I have 2 'barriers' to clear first and they are Halloween and Bonfire night. With bonfire night next week its then Christmas all the way.

Having said this I have been watching Christmas movies for a few weeks now :)

KWasser 11-01-2013 11:43 AM

I warned my wife a week ago "After Halloween, it's all Christmas from here on out! I'm listening to my Christmas music!!" She generally groans when I play Christmas music at earlier points in the year. She's not as much of a Christmas enthusiast (probably because her birthday falls on Christmas itself).

Having said that, just yesterday she told me she wanted to decorate the house earlier than normal because Thanksgiving comes so late this year. YAY! ;)

novelist 11-01-2013 02:12 PM

:???:I'm getting so excited for Christmas! I was playing Christmas music today, while putting up Thanksgiving decorations.

GingerMel 11-01-2013 04:28 PM

I'm getting kind of excited about it too. I wore my green and red socks today.

Magpie 11-01-2013 04:59 PM

I hear you Festive Spirit! We don't have Thanksgiving here in Australia and there are very few Halloween things happening (although they are starting to catch on a bit), so from here on in it is all about Christmas. I just love it!!:transform: