Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   When do you start decorating for Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53047)

xmastidings 11-01-2013 09:10 PM

When do you start decorating for Christmas

:smile: Well here we are now, "another Halloween has come and gone..." and Thanksgiving will soon be fast upon us. So, I have to ask, when do you start to think about, planning on and start decorating your house for Christmas?

Do you start decorating before Thanksgiving or do you wait until at least Thanksgiving day or the day after?

Me, I traditionally start decorating the day after Thanksgiving, but with this year, with Thanksgiving being so late in November, I may start decorating the week before Thanksgiving or even sooner. I just want it to last as long as possible....

Head Elf 11-01-2013 09:42 PM

I'm going to start this weekend on the decorating. Putting up two trees this year, so it should be interesting. But I will take my time to stretch it out so I can enjoy every minute of it. Christmas CD's are already in the disc player in the car.....

trackrebel 11-02-2013 02:53 AM

I think I will be decorating the place around 13-th to 14th....not totally sure yet...but around that time

Festive Spirit 11-02-2013 03:23 AM

Well I have been thinking and planning for a few weeks now. I am hoping to pull down the decorations from the loft mid November. I will start with a few small pieces and gradually increase over the course of a few days. It's the first year I plan to do outdoor lights in the front garden and I'd like to get that done around the 23rd or 24th. Finally, we will put our tree up on Nov 30th!!

At the moment I am just finishing up a few DIY/decorating jobs and a deep clean around the house so it will be all ready to be decked out in Christmas LOL!

frostyman 11-02-2013 05:04 AM

it's never before Thanksgiving for us

joyful 11-02-2013 06:27 AM

[COLOR="rgb(75, 0, 130)"]I usually do it the weekend after Thanksgiving but since hubby is retired now, I may start very soon. I just said to him that I would like to get my Christmas village on the mantle now so that is all done. Maybe if I put the tree up early this month, I'll be ready to take it down the first week of Jan. This past Christmas my tree stayed up for several weeks after Christmas. I love how it lights up my home on bleak winter days and nights.[/COLOR]

Undrtakr 11-02-2013 07:11 AM

Check the countdown thread. I posted my house pictures. I put the lights up on the house and light them november 1st. Cant put the tree up that soon because the Wife wont allow me ;) lol. But in a few weekends we will!

xmastidings 11-02-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyful (Post 569217)
[COLOR="rgb(75, 0, 130)"]I usually do it the weekend after Thanksgiving but since hubby is retired now, I may start very soon. I just said to him that I would like to get my Christmas village on the mantle now so that is all done. Maybe if I put the tree up early this month, I'll be ready to take it down the first week of Jan. This past Christmas my tree stayed up for several weeks after Christmas. I love how it lights up my home on bleak winter days and nights.[/COLOR]

That's so true Joyful! I like to leave my decorations up and lit on the outside of the house until late in January and I am usually the only one that has them still up and lit.

On the inside of the house, I love to keep the tree and decorations lit way past Christmas. One of the reasons why I do that is just like you said, I like the way it lights up my house (and my heart) on those cold, dark winter nights....

judesmama 11-02-2013 12:30 PM

I need to start ASAP because I don't do it all at once and it takes me awhile. I am bringing stuff up starting tomorrow... testing lights, etc. We'll decorate outside probably in 2 weeks or so. And we will get our tree in 3 weeks. Late Thanksgiving this year just has me itching to prolong this season!!

sugar142286 11-02-2013 01:13 PM

I normally start Black Friday or that weekend, but I have to work all of those days, so does DH, so I may start Tuesday of that week to get started. I normally don't like starting before Thanksgiving, to still observe the Thanksgiving holiday, but I want to also enjoy the Christmas season!