Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   When do you start buying gifts for Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53238)

xmastidings 11-07-2013 07:00 AM

When do you start buying gifts for Christmas

I've got a couple of days off from work and plus the weekend, so I thought I would start looking around (do some window shopping) and possibly start picking up a few gifts. Do you start now, wait until Black Friday or after that?

Festive Spirit 11-07-2013 08:19 AM

We need to start our shopping. We have been discussing what to get for the boys. I have been thinking about what to get for Mr. Festive and browsing online.

We will most likely make a start next week!

Joyfully yours 11-07-2013 08:41 AM

I don't start now.....NO!

:playing:

I'm one of those type of people that love to wait till the last minute!
Many years ago it was a "tradition" that I would plan everything for Christmas Eve day!
I love all the hustle and bustle on that day, carrying all my bags.....rushing here and there....feeling the pressure, getting my hair cut, then go have lunch somewhere special. And then on to the SHOPPING! Now I must state I'm a city-kind-of-guy and don't shop at the malls. I just love all the rush of being downtown, the pushing....the grabbing....screaming because there is no parking! And if it happens to be snowing.....oy I'm in my element!
Then after it's starting to get dark, head on home to start wrappin the gifts, have some glasses of wine, and put some finishing touches on the decorations, playing the holiday music, and then settle on down to watch some of my favourite holiday movies.
Then snuggle off to a comfy bed and await the next morning!

Oooops.....I got off the topic.....sorry!
Thanks!

:whisper:

Minta 11-07-2013 10:14 AM

I started right after Christmas last year. We are about 50% done now. Hoping to have all the gifts bought by the end of the month with the exception of gift cards which I usually get during the first 2 weeks of Dec.

sugar142286 11-07-2013 10:59 AM

I started in June this year, but I like Minta, if I see a good deal, anytime of the year, I will go ahead and get it. I like to get my stuff done and be able to enjoy the season. I am at least 50% of the way done too.

roccoerz 11-07-2013 11:09 AM

I usually start right after black friday.. i work on black friday so.....

reindeerelf 11-07-2013 01:25 PM

I'm always looking for things for the more difficult people on my list. If I see something I think they would like I buy it right there and then--it doesn't matter if it's January, July or August. The rest of my shopping starts around Thanksgiving.

SnowMaiden1018 11-07-2013 01:53 PM

I usually shop all year round, stores have huge sales around Memorial day and other holidays, so I like to grab a few things during those. I have two kids, and one is a teenager which just makes the shopping harder every year!! Plus shopping all year cuts down on the wallet pain!

SilentNight490 11-08-2013 03:38 AM

I started on Nov. 1st and still have so much more to get.

xmastidings 11-08-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minta (Post 570777)
I started right after Christmas last year. We are about 50% done now. Hoping to have all the gifts bought by the end of the month with the exception of gift cards which I usually get during the first 2 weeks of Dec.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugar142286 (Post 570786)
I started in June this year, but I like Minta, if I see a good deal, anytime of the year, I will go ahead and get it. I like to get my stuff done and be able to enjoy the season. I am at least 50% of the way done too. you

Whoa... you both are really on top of things, that's great! Not me, I always like to wait until after Black Friday and then I pick a couple of days (like near a weekend; Thursday/ Friday) and take off from work and do the majority of my Christmas shopping then.

I like it when all the stores, shopping centers and places are all decorated for Christmas and Christmas music is playing in the stores, the Christmas lights are lit every where's, and then I get out to do some serious purchasing... It really put's me in the Christmas mood while shopping....:thumbsup::merry: