Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Traditions & Memories (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Is this weird? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53341)

holidaytwinkle5289 11-10-2013 12:32 PM

Is this weird?

Hey guys,

So earlier today I started searching for my old houses I grew up in on the internet to look at and reminiscence on the good times (especially the holidays). Just one photo bought so many good memories of playing the snow on our big hill in the backyard, putting up Christmas lights in the crisp cold November air, being a teenager sneaking out the basement door to hang out with friends on a weekday! Haha. Do anyone else do this? Is this weird? I just sometimes like to see photographs (even real estate listing photos) of homes me and my family used to live in just to remember the good times. Please share your stories if you agree or disagree! :welcome:

Virginia 11-10-2013 07:37 PM

I've never done it but I google earth my old homes occasionally to see if any external renovations have been done. I can understand you reminiscing and using the photos as triggers to those good feelings.

Festive Spirit 11-11-2013 03:38 AM

It's not weird at all :) Around Christmas I always get nostalgic, I think it's part of the magic of the season.

My family home is still my family home, we always lived in the same house. However , as I moved far away from home I can no longer visit when I get the urge as it involves hours of travelling etc! There are times I miss it so much and want so very much to be sitting with my mum in our kitchen or chilling out on the sofa with my brother.

I know exactly what you mean about photos sparking memories from the past and in fact you got me to realising I have not got enough photos :) I don't think it's weird at all , I actually think it's important to remember these things. You sound like you had some special times and memories.....all of which played a part of who you are today. So go ahead and enjoy reminiscing, nothing wrong with that.

Mumof2 11-11-2013 09:18 AM

Nah,Not at all! I drive to my old neighborhood in Boston to see mine and show my kids.I'll be going home for Thanksgiving,so guess where I'll be? driving right by it! :)

xmastidings 11-11-2013 10:43 AM

Nahhhhh, that's not weird at all. Every once and awhile, we will drive by our old house just to see what it looks like, how are the new owners taking care of it, etc.... It's fond memories.... It's good to look ahead, but also fun to look back every once and awhile~

jollyelf0486 11-12-2013 02:31 PM

I don't think its wierd. I think its important to remember where we came from so we can always be thankful for what we have and where we came from makes us who we are today.:razz:

Courtney 11-12-2013 05:19 PM

I don't think it's weird at all. I have done it; it's nice to take a trip down memory lane once in a while.

WildCatZack 11-14-2013 08:15 AM

It's not weird. My family and I talk about our old house from time to time and discuss how it's changed since we left.

BoxerMom 11-14-2013 08:18 AM

Not weird at all!!

sgrover 11-15-2013 01:20 PM

I don't think it's weird at all. In fact, great idea, I might just go do that!