Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Podcasts (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   New! Merry Podcast #34 -- Christmas Ghosts, Angels and Gods (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55915)

Jeff Westover 12-18-2013 02:17 PM

Merry Podcast #34 -- Christmas Ghosts, Angels and Gods

It's the Big Christmas Show of 2013! And back and better than ever are the traditional Christmas greetings from folks right here on MMC -- these always give me a smile and fill me with the Christmas spirit. This year's greetings are WONDERFUL!

Also in this episode --

1. Rebecca Newman's hit single of Christmas 2013 titled Wonderful Dream

2. Dickens & Capra: An Odd Connection between two who share the use of ghosts and angels in their Christmas creations.

3. The Last Sailing of Captain Santa -- an event remembered in Chicago every Christmas, featuring the lookout over Lake Michigan for the last delivery of the Christmas Tree Ship

4. Gods -- The Stunning Connections Between the gods of Winter Solstice and Christianity. Amazing detail that makes you wonder who stole Christmas from whom.

5. Angels -- A recounting of the angels from the Christmas story -- the the role of angels in other heroes of Christmas.

This episode also features outstanding musical selections featuring the angels of Christmas.

In all, more than an hour of music, Christmas spirit and celebration -- click here to download.

Merry Christmas!

Jeff

snowflake22 12-18-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover (Post 584173)
It's the Big Christmas Show of 2013! And back and better than ever are the traditional Christmas greetings from folks right here on MMC -- these always give me a smile and fill me with the Christmas spirit. This year's greetings are WONDERFUL!

Also in this episode --

1. Rebecca Newman's hit single of Christmas 2013 titled Wonderful Dream

2. Dickens & Capra: An Odd Connection between two who share the use of ghosts and angels in their Christmas creations.

3. The Last Sailing of Captain Santa -- an event remembered in Chicago every Christmas, featuring the lookout over Lake Michigan for the last delivery of the Christmas Tree Ship

4. Gods -- The Stunning Connections Between the gods of Winter Solstice and Christianity. Amazing detail that makes you wonder who stole Christmas from whom.

5. Angels -- A recounting of the angels from the Christmas story -- the the role of angels in other heroes of Christmas.

This episode also features outstanding musical selections featuring the angels of Christmas.

In all, more than an hour of music, Christmas spirit and celebration -- click here to download.

Merry Christmas!

Jeff

Can't wait to listen to it!! 🎄🎁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

made582 12-18-2013 04:56 PM

It was great!!! I always love hearing everyone's greetings!!!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

brent 12-20-2013 04:13 PM

Jeff, your passionate discussion about the winking Santa is very inspiring. Congratulations on your discovery.

Could you please provide a link to a photo of the winking Santa?

brent 12-20-2013 04:41 PM

As always, it was a pleasure hearing everyone's Christmas greetings. Thank you to all those that contributed. It truly brought a tear to my eye. Saying something so simple ("Merry Christmas") can mean so much!

Also: Jeff, and other podcast contributors, I cannot thank you enough for your tireless effort on making the MMC Podcast so wonderful. As soon as I am done listening, I always look forward to the next one. Except this time. Christmas is so close and I will continue to cherish the moments between now and then. As I said before, though, thank you for everything with the podcast and MMC. Nothing brightens my day more than hearing such merry sounds and historical analysis of Christmas. Looking forward to new podcasts in 2014, but until then... Enjoy yourselves and Merry Christmas to you and yours!