Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Post Christmas Funk (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57047)

ulflip2 01-04-2014 08:05 AM

Post Christmas Funk

So we finished taking down the tree, the decorations and packing Christmas away for another year. One daughter went back to college, the other goes back to school Monday and we go back to work too. Like past years, we took a post-Christmas day trip which helps ease us back into "normal life". We will be sitting down to plan our summer vacation in the next few weeks which is a bright spot but for some reason, my "After Christmas Funk" is hitting hard this year.

So, what do you do getter over your case of the "funk"?

sprinkleshouse 01-04-2014 08:16 AM

I normally come here to see what everyone else is doing:)!

One thing my kids like to do is to take a few items and leave them in sight all year. For example I have a couple of ceramic Santas on my TV stand and in my kids room I have a little 2-inch tree on their bookcase. That way even in the middle of July I can look at these little reminders that Christmas is on the way. That plus my Christmas tree countdown widget on my computer:)

Another thing that helps really is coming here. I don't always post but just reading what all the other Christmas lovers are doing helps cheer me up when I'm going through the worst of the post-Christmas blues.

:tree:

sugar142286 01-04-2014 08:27 AM

Uflip, sorry to hear that you're having a really hard time with PCB's. Hope they subside soon!

I used to have a hard time with it too, as well as the winter blue's in general, but ever since joining the site and having children, I can honestly say I don't really get them at all. What I do is come to this lovely site everyday and have become an active member here, even if it is just to say hi, I always try to make sure I stop in.

I also love to read, so I make sure that my Kindle and Nook apps on my iPad, have Christmas related books/stories and has Christmas music on it. My DVR is full of Christmas specials and movies, so whenever I or the kids want to watch something, we do. I always leave out my Christmas mugs as well to drink coffee out of too.

Hope this helps! :-Df

trackrebel 01-04-2014 08:32 AM

donīt let the blues hit You....with the internet Christmas is never far....come on here and weīll cheer You up!

I used to have the Christmas blues....but for a few years I donīt have it no more...I have to say I am kinda happy now for a new year to start again....plenty of things to look forward to and to do.......and I always check in here to cheer myself up with the beautiful people here

George Broderick, Jr. 01-04-2014 08:44 AM

Sure, take down your actual Christmas decorations... but, it's STILL winter... we leave up our snowman decorations for awhile longer... they're wintery AND still (subversively) Christmas-y...

Christmasstar 01-04-2014 01:12 PM

So sorry to hear you are feeling down. This is the best place to come to help you feel better. ((((HUGS))))

I am way behind on taking my stuff down this year. Just finished wrapping up the Christmas tree for storage. There are things all over the living room still. Hoping to have it all put away by tonight.

sugar142286 01-04-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Broderick, Jr. (Post 590527)
Sure, take down your actual Christmas decorations... but, it's STILL winter... we leave up our snowman decorations for awhile longer... they're wintery AND still (subversively) Christmas-y...

I do this as well, George. I leave up my snowmen, etc. until Easter time and up my Easter/spring decorations. It keeps me in the Christmassy mood! :-D

xmas365 01-04-2014 04:38 PM

Visit here, that is the best way to deal with the PCBs, especially on the Christmas Countdown thread where there a bunch of us who help each other with tough times and encouragement.
I have a shelf that I keep my collectible Santa Claus out year round, I have some shows or movies saved on my DVR if I jones for something Christmassy. I also have a number of books about Christmas that I utilize when I need a lift.

ballcoach 01-04-2014 09:07 PM

Sorry! I know what it is like! I had them for years until I came here.

The best thing about coming here (or anywhere Christmas on the internet) is that you realize Christmas isn't really that far away.

I also do a lot of work on my calendar early. Just helps me when I feel like I am already planning for next year.

Keep your head up and come see us! It will get better!

Seawaters 01-04-2014 11:30 PM

In the Christmas Together Forum, there is the Countdown section which counts the days to Christmas by various milestones along the way. It is really a dual countdown, days to the season and days to Christmas. If you go to the first page of the 2014 Countdown, you will see the milestones we celebrate. We also celebrate Rudolph Day, the 25th of each month when we celebrate doing something Christmasy, such as making cookies, watching a Christmas video, or making out menus and trying new recipes. We also celebrate Christmas in July (CIJ), the World's Largest Christmas Party, and other events. You cannot imagine how this helps with PCB (Post-Christmas Blues). Check us out; we are a fun group and really support one another in our successes and in our concerns and sad moments. We are a diverse group who have come to love and respect one another. You will not find a more positive and supportive group anywhere! Give us a try. We will really help you in this yearly journey through the Christmas Season. Remember that we are always looking forward to Christmas!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulflip2 (Post 590516)
So we finished taking down the tree, the decorations and packing Christmas away for another year. One daughter went back to college, the other goes back to school Monday and we go back to work too. Like past years, we took a post-Christmas day trip which helps ease us back into "normal life". We will be sitting down to plan our summer vacation in the next few weeks which is a bright spot but for some reason, my "After Christmas Funk" is hitting hard this year.

So, what do you do getter over your case of the "funk"?