Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Traditions & Memories (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Magic Elf Concept (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5799)

Gingerbug 10-19-2007 09:20 PM

The Magic Elf Concept

I have been pondering a bit lately about the popularity of the whole Magic Elves concept and I rather think that Magic Elves touch us on lots of different levels. They give us a chance to be kids again and they are a bit whimsical. But I really think it is a bit more than that. I think the Magic Elves reflect our heartfelt desires to be the people we truly were meant to be.

People that take time out from “business as usual” to enter an enchanted make believe world. Perhaps a world that in some ways is more representative of who we want to be rather than who we are right now.

A world where a bit of mischief makes us smile rather than cringe, where we set examples for others about how to have fun, where time is no longer the enemy, and where we all care just a bit more about the small things in life that give us joy. Magic Elves capture our fancy because the true magic of the elves resides inside us; the creative, caring, nurturing part of us that delights at simple pleasures.

RavenHardt 10-19-2007 09:40 PM

exactly.....*hands gingerbug a candy cane and some peppermint tea *

reindeerelf 10-26-2007 06:09 AM

"If we pretend long enough, never giving up, it just might be who we are."
-Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Head Elf 10-27-2007 03:03 PM

Gingerbug and Reindeerelf you are exactly right on. I was hopping for a place on the internet where I could become an elf.

Gingerbug 10-30-2007 09:29 PM

I love the whole elfish idea but I was also referring to something a bit more interactive...check it out here:

http://organizedchristmas.com/gifts-...-elf-tradition

There are lots of other sites about Magic Elves too (that sell them....I got mine at the flea market for a dollar and they are CUTE)....we had three visit our house last year and had a blast with them and my grandson...I have several Elf stories and celebration ideas that I'll try to get posted but TIME is my enemy right now!!!

reindeerelf 11-01-2007 07:10 AM

Great site Gingerbug. Thanks for sharing. I have to make an elf.

Annette1990 11-01-2007 08:31 AM

:tree:Thanks for sharing Gingerbug!

Gingerbug 11-01-2007 09:47 AM

Thanks...in case anyone is interested we are creating a Magic Elf notebook over at the forums of Magical Holiday Home....I will be getting the Magic Elf blog up soon and will have some stories to print and share...we are also including Mischief ideas, Celebration ideas, and other elfish info in our notebooks...when I get a chance I'll pop over and give you updates also..!!!

Head Elf 11-02-2007 08:28 PM

I still think its a good idea and it is a great site. Can't wait to participate.

Gingerbug 11-03-2007 08:54 AM

Okay...here's a framework we are using to set up our notebooks:

November 4-10th:
1. Get notebook.... print cover, spine, and dividers, decide on sections (we have a source for the cover and stuff..just need to print them)
2. Elf Names list and ideas for sources of elves. (create list)
3. Elf Gift Ideas and lists (create list)

November 11-17th:
1. Work on: Elf letters (samples) I have some and others can add to the thread we start about this one.
2. Elf Mischief Ideas: again we can all add ideas in the thread
3. Celebration Ideas: print the ones we already have and add new

November 18th-24th:
1. Elf Crafts (we can share and add ideas to our notebooks)
2. Elf Stories: I hope to have the Magic Elves blog up by this time so I can put my stories up there. We can also share links to other elf stories we find
3. Create an elf book list also. So keep your eyes open!!

November 25th-December 1st:
1. Finish up any unfinished sections and be READY for our
elves to arrive at our homes.