Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   My nephew again! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6711)

Sunshine73 11-14-2007 08:00 AM

My nephew again!

We went over to my sister's last night and my little 5 year old nephew was dozing on the sofa because it was getting late. BUT, when he saw that I was there, in a very sleepy little voice he said "Come here Aunt Sunshine...come see my Christmas tree".

They had put their Christmas tree up yesterday afternoon and he took me to see it, showed me the bows they'd put on, etc. When we were done admiring, I thanked him for sharing his tree and told him "I just love Christmas trees!" He just looked at me, smiled and said very softly, "I know you do Aunt Sunshine." Just melted my heart.

Then, we sat on the sofa together and he told me all about watching 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' and that little stinker could recite most of the movie from memory. We talked about Santa and presents and Christmas...he's my little Christmas buddy! :rudolph:

officepro4u 11-14-2007 11:48 AM

That is SO cute!! My kids are the same way. The day after Halloween they were asking if they could put up Christmas decorations yet. LOL!

I love it!!

Diana

Billy Battles 11-14-2007 11:51 AM

My nephew is so into Christmas. We spend a lot of time watching Christmas movies together. It is one of my favorite parts of Christmas.

JOHNOR 11-15-2007 02:59 AM

isn't that so sweet? i know exactly what you mean sunshine, my younger clousin (11) is the same, it makes it so much more special having a christmas buddy!

JanaBanana 11-15-2007 07:54 AM

Very sweet :) Sounds like you have yourself a pretty special nephew there!

Maureen 11-15-2007 08:01 AM

What a sweetie:dance:

Minta 11-15-2007 09:05 AM

Awwwwww how sweet!

Sunshine73 11-15-2007 12:28 PM

Thanks everyone! Sometimes they're just so darned cute that you have to share the stories, kwim?

Christmas through a childs eyes is an absolutely amazing thing to watch. Everything is new and magical and I just love that he is *so* into Christmas. (My sister says it must be in the gene pool).

Oh, and because I actually have four little nephews...I'll share a quick story about Mikey's (the five year old...well, he'll be 5 on Dec. 16) little brother Myles who is three years old.

Myles is the joker of the bunch. He was getting into the Christmas chatter the other night and started telling me all about Rudolph. The end of the conversation went something like this:

Myles: Rudolph has a tail too.
Me: Yep, he sure does have a tail.
Myles: I'm going to pull Rudolph tail.
Me: No. You don't want to pull his tail.
Myles: Yes, I'm going to pull his tail like this. *Insert tail pulling action here*
Me: Myles, would you like it if someone pulled your tail?

*Myles looked like he was doing some very serious considering here before he answered*

Myles (sounding slightly exasperated): Aunt Sunshine, I don't have at tail. I have a butt!

*insert booty shaking action to display his hiney here*

I was cracking up! He's too cute.

kidzrme 11-15-2007 01:30 PM

Sunshine, you brought a tear to my eye....I just love those moments with loved ones, especially the little ones :)

Annette1990 11-23-2007 09:23 PM

Thats so nice..he sounds like a very sweet little boy. Christmas is so much more fun with little ones around.