Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Traditions & Memories (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Will You Help A Child, or Family This Christmas? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7186)

mammaduke 11-24-2007 04:18 PM

Will You Help A Child, or Family This Christmas?

Here at our local stores you can buy stuff that will be delivered to the shelter for battered woman & there children, they do this at the $1.00 store so you can really buy alot of things for them & not really go to broke. next week-end I'll be going to do my shopping to help them .

I was just wondering if others do anything like this .:elf:

Head Elf 11-24-2007 05:46 PM

My husbands work sponsors about 80 foster kids in the area. He made the decision to make Christmas a happy one for one little girl. We had a ball shopping for her. I think we will do it again next year.

Annette1990 11-24-2007 06:46 PM

Yes I have already started. I have gave money, food to the local food bank and I also bought for a 1 y/o little boy!

mammaduke 11-24-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette1990 (Post 55457)
Yes I have already started. I have gave money, food to the local food bank and I also bought for a 1 y/o little boy!

That's really great, that is what the spirit of Christmas is all about.

novelist 11-25-2007 09:39 AM

:dance:My husband and I have bought a gift for the little girl next door. She's only 5 years old, and lives with her grandmother, father, and aunt. They moved in not too long ago, and I know they don't have it easy. Since my husband and I have grown quite fond of the little one, we wanted to buy her a nice gift. WE don't consider them a "needy family", but the little girl's mother isn't in her life, and thats so sad.

mammaduke 11-25-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novelist (Post 55642)
:dance:My husband and I have bought a gift for the little girl next door. She's only 5 years old, and lives with her grandmother, father, and aunt. They moved in not too long ago, and I know they don't have it easy. Since my husband and I have grown quite fond of the little one, we wanted to buy her a nice gift. WE don't consider them a "needy family", but the little girl's mother isn't in her life, and thats so sad.

That is really great of you two to do that for her.

Christmasstar 11-29-2007 07:10 PM

was talking with my kids

we live in a town house complex so this year my son is making a tape of sleigh bells ringing and Santa saying ho-ho-ho! and late on Christmas eve he is going to walk around the neighbourhood playing the tape (while trying to stay out of sight!) While he does this, me and my daughter are going to hang a bag of cookies and a card on every ones door knobs. We went to the dollar store to pick up small bags to use and are hand making the cards.
It is going to be so much fun!
:merry:

clarebear 11-30-2007 11:27 PM

I help all year round, giving is the best gift of all.