Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Have you ever had a "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7205)

Annette1990 11-24-2007 11:09 PM

Have you ever had a "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree"

I recall my first place and my first Christmas in it. I lived in Washington State at that time and went out into the woods to find a tree. Of course there were tons of snow and everything was covered. I looked and looked until I came upon the "perfect tree"...It really looked great when I first seen it although it was really covered with snow..once I got it home shook it to get the snow off brought it in it looked sooo lifeless. *Laugh* But I made the best of it and decorated it regardless. It was definately a Charlie Brown tree.
:treeguy:

Sunshine73 11-26-2007 07:44 PM

My Dh and I laugh that we have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree right now. Ours is an artificial one, probably about 6.5 feet tall but definitely on the "skimpier" side. There's no way to shape the tree so that you can plug the holes...there's no help for it, you can see directly through our tree at nearly every turn! But, it's our tree and we love it! Besides, like Charlie Brown's tree, once we get it decorated, it's not such a bad little tree.

xmascrackers 11-27-2007 11:56 AM

I dont think it matters what the tree looks like - and we have had a few shockers in our time - it is the love that turns it into something more than just a tree with decorations. One of the people who have an open home over Christmas has the perfect Charlie Brown tree - it has beautiful branches just no needles (made from dead grapevines wired into place) and this is decorated with some artificial snow, lights and decorations. Looks very spectacular.

Annette1990 11-27-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmascrackers (Post 56208)
I dont think it matters what the tree looks like - and we have had a few shockers in our time - it is the love that turns it into something more than just a tree with decorations. One of the people who have an open home over Christmas has the perfect Charlie Brown tree - it has beautiful branches just no needles (made from dead grapevines wired into place) and this is decorated with some artificial snow, lights and decorations. Looks very spectacular.

Good point Xmascrackers it is all in how you look at it=)

mammaduke 11-27-2007 05:38 PM

:sparkle: My first tree was a Charlie Brown tree, but my girls loved it anyways. I just separated from my husband & didn't have alot of money for a tree so we went on my sister's dairy farm & my uncle cut a pine tree from there for us, then he gave us his extra lights & a few decorations . It was the best tree every because it was a tree given out of love.

Then the girls & I made popcorn, we strung it & put it on the tree.

Annette1990 11-27-2007 05:43 PM

That's so sweet Mamaduke..I bet the girls still recall this lovely memory.

mammaduke 11-27-2007 05:54 PM

They are 24 & 23 , every year that say mom are u getting another charlie Brown tree ? That's another memory that I didn't lose with the chemo, & for that I'm blessed.

GingerMel 12-04-2007 02:27 PM

I can't remember ever having a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, BUT I always consider it. I feel bad for the scraggly trees.

I always want to take one home so that it can be loved just like all the other trees. I sound like a loon, I know...but I can't help it...I feel bad for inanimate objects sometimes (and no, I don't take medication for it, hah hah).

Amy 12-04-2007 02:41 PM

The first Christmas after my parents divorced (I was 9 years old) I didn't think we were going to have a tree at all. We had just moved into a small apartment and my Mom was depressed. Someone in the apartment complex threw away their tree...it was sitting next to the dumpster. I brought it in after school while my Mom was at work, set it in the corner and decorated it. I made paper snowflakes, paper ornaments, paper light bulbs and colored them.

I remember my Mom walking in the door and when she saw me sitting under the tree she just started crying. I thought I had done something wrong but she told me it was the most beautiful tree she had ever seen.

I know we'll both remember that Christmas for different reasons but it was a new beginning for us.