Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   My tree is ruined..... (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7479)

kelly ann 12-06-2007 01:10 PM

My tree is ruined.....

I couldnt believe it earlier, my cat Garfield was sitting in my xmas tree!!! :-)

It looks an absolute mess now. I hope she wasnt expecting any birds nests in there.( lol,) or chocolate because I hadnt put any on my tree yet. :wiggy:

whychristmas 12-06-2007 01:30 PM

Oh no!!!! A friends cat used to like playing swingball with the tree decs - well until one morning at 6am there was a big crash and the cat pulled the tree onto itself!

At least you can have the fun of decorating it all again!

kelly ann 12-06-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whychristmas (Post 58004)
Oh no!!!! A friends cat used to like playing swingball with the tree decs - well until one morning at 6am there was a big crash and the cat pulled the tree onto itself!

At least you can have the fun of decorating it all again!

LOL!!, as much as i love xmas the idea of decorating the tree every day sounds daunting!!

Annette1990 12-06-2007 03:39 PM

Scat Cat!

Check your local pet store for Bitter Apple Spray and see if this doesn't do the trick.

kelly ann 12-06-2007 03:46 PM

Thanks Anette, i will try that!!!

Head Elf 12-06-2007 08:13 PM

Sorry to hear about your tree.... The bitter apple should work, but if that doesn't do it then you might want to use vinegar and water. Have fun re-trimming the tree.....

Sunshine73 12-11-2007 08:30 PM

Oh, how frustrating! I'm so sorry. We had a cat that used to do that...there was a particular branch, near the top of course, that he loved to sleep in. For years we couldn't have any ornaments anywhere near that space in the tree.

JanaBanana 12-13-2007 07:53 AM

Oh boy... kitties and trees :) Yeah that can be a problem... mine hasnt shown an interest to my trees this year.

Speaking of redecorating... I had to re-do one of my trees.. lights pooped out on me... so offf came all the lights and decore and I had to redecorate.

kelly ann 12-13-2007 08:24 AM

i've totally given up on the tree now. the cats are making it their second home!!! lol (i must get the bitter apple spray...)

xmascrackers 12-13-2007 10:45 AM

Oh the joys of cats - over the years we have had many trees pulled down - the latest tricks however are pushing decorations on tables - off the table so that the cat can lie on the foam we use to simulate snow, have had to give up on polystyrine based decorations as they chew them. Have one cat who thinks the base of our inflatable arch is a trampoline - have done three repairs so far this year already. At least the older cat seems to have gone off her like / dislike of blue bulbs - over the past few years have had her pull that colour bulb out of sets on a regular basis. (and they tell me cats are colour blind). The biggest laugh though was last year with our previous cat who on seeing a child playing with a fibreoptic wand - leapt up, grabbed it out of the kids hands and ran round the property with the thing, he even slept with it till the batteries went flat.