Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Homemade Gifts - Do you make any? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7539)

officepro4u 12-10-2007 08:38 AM

Homemade Gifts - Do you make any?

Do you make homemade gifts?

What do you make?

Diana:!!

Annette1990 12-10-2007 08:18 PM

I have made ornaments as gifts, would like to make a quilt someday, and I also bake alot this time of the year and give a little plate to friends, family and neighbors.

kerst 12-11-2007 02:44 AM

I would love to make a Christmas quilt some day too but I'll have to learn patchwork first.

Last year I gave pretty boxes filled with cookies. This year I've spent a lot of time on my decorations so there isn't enough time to make gifts.

But I plan to make special jams next summer which I can then give away for Christmas in 2008.

Annette1990 12-11-2007 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerst (Post 58510)
I would love to make a Christmas quilt some day too but I'll have to learn patchwork first.

Last year I gave pretty boxes filled with cookies. This year I've spent a lot of time on my decorations so there isn't enough time to make gifts.

But I plan to make special jams next summer which I can then give away for Christmas in 2008.

That's a really good idea Kerst. I have never done canning other than helping someone. Would like to try it on my own sometime. It would be a great and affordable gift to give.

kelly ann 12-11-2007 08:48 AM

I'm going to try and make some home made fudge next week and pack them in some pretty christmas boxes. Then I'll give them away as an extra pressie to the family. I have my fingers crossed though as i've never attempted to make fudge before:) I can see it being a disaster , he he

mammaduke 12-11-2007 08:59 AM

We made centerpieces last year for family member, this year we are making candles for the family. I help my younger sister who is disablied make things for the family. So that should be fun.:???:

officepro4u 12-11-2007 09:27 AM

I am thinking about making some gifts this year but don't want to come off "cheap" in the eyes of my family. What do you think? Do people think homemade gifts are too cheap?

Diana :???:

kelly ann 12-11-2007 10:42 AM

I dont think they're too cheap if your giving them as extra presents and anyway why not because it's not about how much you spend, right?

Sunshine73 12-11-2007 08:23 PM

The only things that I make as gifts are cookies and candy platters.

Annette1990 12-11-2007 09:12 PM

[quote=officepro4u;58545]I am thinking about making some gifts this year but don't want to come off "cheap" in the eyes of my family. What do you think? Do people think homemade gifts are too cheap?

I don't think it's cheap. I think it's better than something store bought. But that's just me.