Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   2007~~What were some of your special memories! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7901)

Maebeary 12-26-2007 07:36 PM

2007~~What were some of your special memories!

I know it's not over yet but what were some of your special memories/times in the past year.

For me, the highlight was celebrating our 25th anniversary. It was on April 24th and we went out to dinner and enjoyed it. A few weeks before, we received a document commemorating our anniversary from our church. We framed that and hung it with our wedding pictures. Then, in July, we flew out to Seattle, spent a few days there and then went on a cruise to Alaska. In October, our church celebrated all of the 25th and 50th anniversaries. We took part in that. On Christmas Eve, my sister in law, Laura, gave us a cross stitch to commemorate 25 years. That was very nice.

Another great time I had was going to Las Vegas in August. I've been a fan of the Osmond family for 39 years and was able to go to all three shows celebrating their 50 years in show business. It was a great time with great shows. I got to meet a lot of people that post on another forum I'm on....an Osmond fan forum. Some of them came from as far as Australia, the UK and Scotland. It was a great time!

Please, share some of your highlights.

novelist 12-27-2007 09:16 AM

:rudolph:2007 had it's ups and downs for my family. My father's health really went downhill this year, and like I posted before he passed away on Oct 30th. He did leave us with so many happy memories, so my sisters and I are concentrating on that.
On a good note. WE had a new addition to our family when my niece gave birth to her baby boy last March. He's such a happy baby, and looks just like his father. Another nephew recently got engaged, and will be getting married Nov of 08. I love weddings, so I'm really looking forward to it!
My husband and I celebrated 7 years of marriage in July. Also, my husband retired in July from his letter carrier job, and is now working for a company that processes mail for companies. He loves his new job, and especially loves the fact that he's not working outside any longer. God has been good to us. WE've been blessed with good health, strong faith, and a happy marriage. WE're eachother's best friend! My hope is that 2008 is a good year for everyone

Annette1990 12-27-2007 10:02 AM

I got my daughter ready for bed Christmas Eve. night. After getting her pajamas on we walked outside to sprinkle our reindeer food up and down our walkway. It was a perfect night for this..with a slight breeze the oats had drifted off by morning and there was only a glitter path left. While tucking her in bed after this she insisted she needed two flashlights one for each hand. She was determined to catch Santa delivering her presents. Although she didn't catch him something much better happened....
This is the first year my daughter didn't have to have her dad and I wake her up. She woke up at 2:30am and came to our room to tell us Santa had came. She was estatic to say the least. Although, my husband tried to coax her back to bed I went in to check on her minutes later and she had her eyes closed shut really tight. When she realised I was looking down on her she opened them and said Mommy I am trying really hard to go back to sleep but I can't. I could tell she was too excited and going back to sleep wasn't going to happen. So I went back to my room and told my husband that since he doesn't go to work until 5:30pm that evening we should get up and open gifts. He was all for it. So we had our Christmas then. I loved the fact that she was so into it this year...she ripped her gifts open like no other. She played with everything for quite sometime before requesting a pancake for breakfast. After she finished she decided to lay down and watch cartoons. (The night before Christmas Eve. my brother asked if we would like for him to come over since he had a Santa suit, I totally agreed so we set up a plan..for him to go to her bedroom window at 6:30am and look in and wave to her). I was hoping all this was going to work out and in hopes she didn't fall back to sleep before he came..it couldn't have happened any better than this) so yes after her pankcake she kicked back to watch TV, while doing this I was also in her room at her desk setting her computer up. I forgot all about the time and my brother...low and behold I hear a knock on her window..and it startled me since I had my back turned and daughter was looking straight out the window...within seconds she jumps up on her bed and while jumping up and down she was saying over and over Mommy I seen Santa...I really did...I swear! He looked at me and waved!! (My brother told me when he looked in she did a double take, then her jaw dropped..) She then jumped down grabbed her boots, coat and flashlight and headed outside to find Santa...of course he was long gone but she then stated while standing outside in complete darkness, asked me if I too hear the jingle bells and of course I did. So we went back inside and she was still so thrilled from it all. I told her she is pretty special girl because Santa doesn't always get to come back to wave to the other children. She was beaming! So it all worked out.
THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST ONE YET, AND I HOPE THERE IS MANY MORE LIKE THIS.....

mammaduke 12-27-2007 01:02 PM

Mine was when the doctor came in to tell us that my husband was able to come home for Christmas. That really made my Christmas & his too especially since his mom died on the 2nd of Dec. this year. He had a hard time thinking about celebrating Christmas in the hospital.

kelly ann 12-27-2007 01:59 PM

This year my daughter was really excited opening her presents, she was saying, 'Wow', all the time, she's only three bless her. I think she's beginning to understand what Christmas is.

Maebeary 12-27-2007 07:15 PM

Oh, the times with little children! We had to set the times for my 22 and 23 year old to be awake! LOL My daughter's alarm didn't go off. We planned on opening gifts at 10:00. 10:00! Can you believe it? Well, at 9:52 she came up and asked if we could hold off until 10:30. Well, looking at how she looked, we could only say, "Yes!" She was back up at 10:15 showered and dressed. She was too funny! We posed for our yearly family picture and then opened gifts! I loved it all!!!!

Head Elf 12-27-2007 11:07 PM

I think it might have been today. We celebrated Christmas with our neighbors and their grandchildren. The children had just finished opening up all the presents that were under the tree and as most children want, they were looking for more presents. As soon as I walked through the door, I explained that Santa had left some presents at my house for good little boys and girls. They know me by my forum name "Head Elf". But they waited patiently for me to hand them their presents. I bought the little girl some Play doh (she's only three). The boys group present was a Nerf Dart game with velcro vests and goggles. (I bought them to these gifts to harass their mother). I didn't know they were going to be such a hit. The youngest boy also recieved most of the cars from "Cars". The older boy recieved some books. But they definitly tore into the dart game and had a ball. But the best part was, they finally realized that Christmas is fun and not a bad thing like their mother keeps telling them. Their eyes lit up and and the innocence of the season hit all the adults in attendance. I think this was one of the best Christmases I have had in a long time.

AuntieMistletoeDear 04-27-2008 06:19 PM

:hello: Digging this one out of the archives since we're well into 2008 and I'm sure we've all had a bit more time to reflect on 2007. Taking it a step further and looking at a few changes for 2008.

:)) Any visits with the grandkids always top my list of memorable events. Go-carting in October was crazy-fun. Vacations and time away from work were fun too. Finally figuring out how to use my digital camera was great for me - likely driving everyone else bonkers because I take pictures of just about anything now. O'Malley the cat survived the scare he put us through when he had a realllly bad catnip experience. The incident brought us all a bit closer and things have been a little better around here. O'Malley isn't chewing our speaker wires anymore, not sure if the telephone is safe yet so they're still up out of reach.
Work-wise things have been crazy busy, but really great!

The closing of a certain forum wound up yielding positive results in the long run. Some might see that as a sad moment, but I see at as an early Christmas bonus. No offence intended - pure honesty on my part.

Looking ahead ...
Christmas 2007 was nice, but it flew by so fast. I am looking forward to changing a few things this year (decorations) and will enjoy it more with some new furniture. I'm sure O'Malley has matured enough that we can put a few pictures up on our walls at long last - they've been hiding in the walk-in closet in our bedroom all this time.

The list could go on ... but I'll stop for now.

Care to share?

AuntieMistletoeDear 04-27-2008 06:22 PM

:hello: I can't believe I almost forgot to share something special for 2008. My husband and I are renewing our wedding vows this year. We're also looking for a romantic get-away for a weekend in the summer and again perhaps a lodge or lake cabin for the Thanksgiving long weekend. There are a few places we have in mind, but several of them are booked already.

dans10171 04-28-2008 09:00 AM

dont really have any one memory that stands out i would have to say everytime my daughter comes to stay with me which is everyother weekend and even more during the summer here is a pic of here she is 10
http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/da...X7iv4xQp5Fd3Ig=