Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How do you keep the Christmas spirit alive during the months following the holidays? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8054)

Icee Racer 01-09-2008 02:21 AM

How do you keep the Christmas spirit alive during the months following the holidays?

How do you keep the Christmas spirit alive during the months following Christmas and the New Year when society is no longer into the holiday spirit mood?

sweetmisery 01-09-2008 10:39 AM

Aside from the usual, "keep the Christmas Spirit always in your heart", I still listen to Christmas songs in my car, and soon, once that passes, Ill make sure Ill listen to it every 24th/25th of the month. It certainly helps.

Ill check out some sites and listen to Christmas MIDI music.

And now that I found this site, Ill be visiting this place daily!

Annette1990 01-09-2008 11:26 AM

I also listen to music, watch shows I have recorded and browse Ebay for new ornaments.

JOHNOR 01-09-2008 03:29 PM

come and chat on here, it always makes me feel better.

Holiday 01-09-2008 10:14 PM

I'm grasping at everything I can this year to keep the spirit alive! It was just such a wonderful Christmas, I don't want it to end! I am definately not done listening to Christmas music yet (I have my Chritmas cd's in our vehicles) & my goal is try & watch 1 Christmas movie a week. It's not going to happen this week, but I have been busy working on my Christmas scrapbook & that definately helps to keep the Christmas spirit alive. I just finished Christmas 2004 & 2005 last week...I think it is almost more fun to do older pictures, b/c you see a picture & think "oh yeah...I remember that, I almost forgot..." So maybe there's a reason I was so far behind on my pictures! :lol: But the greatest way to keep the spirit is to log on here & catch up with other Christmas fanatics in the world! :smile:

Annette1990 04-23-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holiday (Post 61888)
I'm grasping at everything I can this year to keep the spirit alive! It was just such a wonderful Christmas, I don't want it to end! I am definately not done listening to Christmas music yet (I have my Chritmas cd's in our vehicles) & my goal is try & watch 1 Christmas movie a week. It's not going to happen this week, but I have been busy working on my Christmas scrapbook & that definately helps to keep the Christmas spirit alive. I just finished Christmas 2004 & 2005 last week...I think it is almost more fun to do older pictures, b/c you see a picture & think "oh yeah...I remember that, I almost forgot..." So maybe there's a reason I was so far behind on my pictures! :lol: But the greatest way to keep the spirit is to log on here & catch up with other Christmas fanatics in the world! :smile:

A Christmas Scrapbook is a nice idea to keep the spirit alive all year. I don't scrapbook but would like to and I know they take time. So that is something that you could work on throughout the year and keep adding to it Christmas after Christams. Nice idea Holiday.

ReineV 04-23-2008 12:10 PM

This year...the only thing I've done to keep the spirit alive is wedding plan. The wedding is all about Christmas...to the very smallest details.

RadioJonD 04-23-2008 12:30 PM

I search for Christmas audio sites to share here -

http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/foru...ead.php?t=7892

Christmasstar 04-24-2008 06:51 PM

I am already

working on Christmas gifts for the family. It involves taking pictures of the swans on our river and then with actual swan feathers (hard to get because they move fast and tend to bite!) I will pair them up in a frame, and attach a small plaque or something along that line. We all grew up in this area, so it will have memories for everyone.

Failing that, at the last minute I will run out to the dollar store and pick up small boxes and stuff store bought cookies in them, add a bow and give that to everyone. (which my daughter says is her idea, don't steal it!)

Mumof2 06-01-2008 08:02 PM

I learned from my father (who used to keep a mini Christmas tree up all year) to keep something from christmas out.so I do,I keep out these blown glass statues out on my shelf in my parlor.they are so beautiful its hard to put them away.(they are from QVC Thomas Pacconi ones)

I visit this site and listen to music when im blue and I always have past Christmas Memories when nothing else works. :)