Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What do you have planned for Valentine's Day ? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8065)

mammaduke 01-09-2008 03:32 PM

What do you have planned for Valentine's Day ?

I'll be cooking a quiet dinner for the two of us. They bend Bob's wedding band when they removed it in the hospital, so as he's gift I'll get him a new one to replace it , if I can afford it. I am looking at different ones.

Maureen 01-09-2008 03:49 PM

Nothing!!! I'm not a huge follower of Valentine's Day. I guess it's because I'm fortunate enough to be spoiled all year round (I know - pass the sick bucket!!!!)

sweetmisery 01-10-2008 10:29 AM

Ill just treat my gf, along with my family to a good restaurant. Buy my gf some roses and some gift checks of beauty shops she likes... plus some chocolates of course.

JayIsh 01-10-2008 11:27 AM

My wife and I are going to see a concert that night...somebody she really loves. We don't have very good seats but at least we'll be there. She told me once to "stop giving me all these flowers" because they die so quickly...she'd much rather have some flowering plants in the summer that will flower all summer long than some cut flowers that will wilt in a few days.

She's a good egg, that Mrs. JayIsh...I really got the better end of this deal...I just hope I never have to tell her that I'm really not the lead singer of Aerosmith...

mammaduke 01-10-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maureen (Post 61871)
Nothing!!! I'm not a huge follower of Valentine's Day. I guess it's because I'm fortunate enough to be spoiled all year round (I know - pass the sick bucket!!!!)

You are so cute Maureen, that's a nice way of thinking.

sweetmisery 01-11-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayIsh (Post 61912)
My wife and I are going to see a concert that night...somebody she really loves. We don't have very good seats but at least we'll be there. She told me once to "stop giving me all these flowers" because they die so quickly...she'd much rather have some flowering plants in the summer that will flower all summer long than some cut flowers that will wilt in a few days.

She's a good egg, that Mrs. JayIsh...I really got the better end of this deal...I just hope I never have to tell her that I'm really not the lead singer of Aerosmith...

Oh, shes a big Steven Tyler fan? I like Aerosmith a lot too!

JayIsh 01-11-2008 08:53 AM

She loves him, and them! We got really good seats to see them once and i believe that I could have been on fire in the seat next to her and she would not have noticed...Talk about star struck...

JOHNOR 01-11-2008 08:56 AM

a nice meal at home with a few drinks. i love valentines day! maybe spaghetti bolognaise, ceasar salad and garlic bread or maybe a chinese takeaway! either way i'll be happy!

kelly ann 01-11-2008 12:38 PM

absolutely nothing - like every other year!!!

joyful 01-11-2008 07:47 PM

I will plan a very romantic evening for my dear hubby. He takes such good care of me and I like to take care of him and not just on Valentine's Day.

I love flowers, I want them now when I can enjoy them, not when I'm gone. So he usually gets me flowers, LOL, he knows they always fit.