Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Today is Earth Day ! Turn off your lights ! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8746)

mammaduke 03-29-2008 04:33 PM

Today is Earth Day ! Turn off your lights !

Today is Earth Day & they are asking everyone all over the world to turn there lights off for 1 hour between the hours of 8-9:00 your time tonight.
Sidney has all ready done it, to see go to Fox news.com. So lights out everyone between 8:00 & 9:00, tonight.

Christmasstar 03-29-2008 04:36 PM

We are going to do it

We are going to pull the plug on everything here, even the freezer, since one hour off is not going to hurt anything in there. It will be interesting to see how much power everyone can save doing this.

mammaduke 03-29-2008 05:33 PM

Yes it sure will they are even turning the lights off in Times Square tonight.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmasstar (Post 69288)
We are going to pull the plug on everything here, even the freezer, since one hour off is not going to hurt anything in there. It will be interesting to see how much power everyone can save doing this.

Jeff Westover 03-29-2008 05:56 PM

This is the most ridiculously stupid thing in the entire world. Salt Lake City was the first city in the world to do this last summer and the net result was a rash of car burglaries in darkened neighborhoods. Never did get a report about all the money saved from going dark because I don't suspect there were any savings. Bah humbug to this one.

pbrbullrider 03-29-2008 05:59 PM

It is the most stupid thing i ever hurd of dont know about you but i need light to see or my foot would be hurt hint hint hint good god whats wrong with this america.

Jeff G. "bullrider

dominick 03-29-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover (Post 69294)
Salt Lake City was the first city in the world to do this last summer and the net result was a rash of car burglaries in darkened neighborhoods.

Get some night vision goggles and a taser and charge 'em to Mr. Buffett.

We go dark around here all the time... but it's not by choice. Our power company sucks.

dvdelf 03-29-2008 06:55 PM

or if tony crosses the wrong wires

or electrocutes himself

dominick 03-29-2008 07:03 PM

:cry:

MrsH 03-29-2008 07:42 PM

I think, instead of coming up with these silly ideas, they should be finding out why we are paying so much for gas that the oil companies have already bought. They buy it at $80 a barrell and charge us $3.16 a gallon, then the price jumps to $100 a barrell and they charge $3.23 a gallon for oil that was already paid for. We're all struggling to make ends meet and the oil companies are making RECORD PROFITS!!!! Grrrrrr.....If it would save me enough money to buy enough gas to do what I need to do every day, I would turn my lights off at 7pm until 7am every day.

MrChristmas2000 03-29-2008 07:54 PM

Remember Global Cooling

Most people have forgotten are not old enough. It was about 30 years ago. It was almost daily in the newspapers and TV a diatribe about how if we didn't do this or that that by the turn of the century we would be entering an Ice age. Google Global Cooling. Substitute the words Global Warming where ever the artilcles have Global Cooling and it will sound strangely like the current political message of today. :oops: Somebody has an agenda here and it's not protecting our environment.

I turned on every light in the house and out and would have left the Christmas Lights on an extra hour. I am not a sheep.

Now I will get off my soap box with my humble apologies.
:snowball: