Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Traditions & Memories (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   "Leaving Tracks" (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8998)

Gingerbug 05-01-2008 03:20 PM

"Leaving Tracks"

I was just reading in the book 101 things To Do Before Going to Heaven that we should "leave tracks" here on earth...some can be plain and easy to find like journals, diaries, scrapbooks etc. And others can be tucked away in unexpected places for people to find....like lists tucked inside books, thoughts written in margins, book marks with notations or lists of favorite scriptures.
That's why I think things like ornament journals that tell about family favorites, and lists of Christmas movies watched together and favorite book lists etc are so important. But the main tracks we leave behind are the things that we DO in every day life, the way we make decisions, the things we make a priority etc.

What do your "life tracks" tell about you?

Annette1990 05-01-2008 08:02 PM

Sounds like a good book. I love to read...who is the author? My life tracks would be helping people that need help. Whether it be food, money etc. I love doing this and of course never expect anything in return. I also enjoy dedicating my free time to my daughters school as well as the local hospice. I have always been a giver. I enjoy helping make others lives a little more happier and simpler and a little less worry and stress free. Even being a good listener and giving a hug to let someone
know you care can go a long way.

mammaduke 05-01-2008 08:19 PM

My story would have to be that since I was diagnoised with my Leukemia I have been working with the Leukemia Society raising money for research & patient services.Each year I am a team captain for a team of an elderly man I met in the hospital with the same kind of disease who died 4 months after being diagnoised.I walk with his family & mine.
I also help at the womens shelter as much as I can by donating items they need & toys for the kids.

So I guess it could say that I love helping others.

Iluvsantasandsnowpeople 05-29-2008 06:07 PM

Ginger this one will take some thought!!

liltattoo 06-18-2008 09:24 PM

I need to work on my "tracks"! I've always done things for others to make their day a little brighter. For my girls, I try to make special memoes for them and I would like to make a scrapbook just for them from me that gives them my point-of-view as they are growing up that I can give them someday so they get a different perspective on things. :) I figure it'll help them remember why Mom took away their cell phones that one time for two weeks! lol

I've also been compiling a cookbook for them of recipes from family member that are gettin gon in age so that they have something extra special to pass on to their kids.

Aggy 06-19-2008 08:49 AM

The only thing I have are pictures. Tons and tons of them. I have been taking pictures since my years in high school. I need to finish putting them in the photo books.

RadioJonD 06-19-2008 08:59 AM

I tend to want to make sure my tracks don't make it to the kitchen floor as I enter the house! Perhaps I should pay more attention to the ones I leave outside!

Thanks for the encouragement, Gingerbug!

Gingerbug 06-19-2008 09:10 AM

Hey at least you are trying to be "neat"....LOL....I'm sure that is appreciated!