Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Flu Blues (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=915)

Jeff Westover 01-07-2006 10:11 AM

Flu Blues

Sorry I haven't been around much the last week or so. We're suffering from the flu pretty bad in my house. I've tried going to work a few days and usually it is no big deal for me when I get a bad cold but when my wife gets it too and then our two youngest go down things get dicey.

I HATE when a three year old gets this sick. Poor Emma. She can't talk, can't breathe, wants to play but feels like a slug. All you do is worry when they get so feverish.

We're not done yet but at least today we're going to do a few things. Hope to be back here soon with news of updates for 2006. We have big plans.

Jeff

sheepsnot 01-07-2006 02:20 PM

Been a sick week and a half for us as well. I missed just one day of work. Best part of being sick is finally being able to sing bass at church. Hope your family gets feeling better. Glad you're back. I was beginning to wonder if everything was OK.

Smemorina 01-11-2006 03:42 PM

:grin:

Courage and ahead always, soon passes all, also I am evil from more than a month...
If I knew I asked Santa medicines!
Kisses

AuntieMistletoeDear 01-12-2006 06:55 AM

:( It's so hard to take care of each other when everyone is sick. Poor Emma.

When I was in a Puppet Troupe called, SMILE Inc. we went carolling with our muppet-style puppets to raise money for the Santa Fund. (We're talking '80.) One of the homes we went to, the woman had no spare change and her husband was out at a business meeting. Her son was sick witht he Chicken Pox. We sang four songs there in effort to cheer him up. He tried to smile, but we could tell he was feeling awful. "Like a slug." The way you described your daughter reminded me of how that little boy was feeling.

:-) Hope everyone is better now.

davidp56 01-12-2006 09:02 AM

Me, too

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheepsnot
Been a sick week and a half for us as well. I missed just one day of work. Best part of being sick is finally being able to sing bass at church. Hope your family gets feeling better. Glad you're back. I was beginning to wonder if everything was OK.

I had a bad flu bug around Christmastime along with largyngitis. Like you I couldn't sing in my church choir, and I'm the only tenor! It felt good to sing again.

OfNobility1982 01-12-2006 10:08 AM

I've been very blessed. Eversince I moved to Florida (3 years ago) I've barely had a sniffle. That's not to say that people down here don't get sick, I've just been very fortunate. Maybe it's cause I live by myself now. I'm sure the warm weather has something to do with it in that your outside more often and not stuck in all the time with the germs.

Twinkle 01-17-2006 08:49 PM

Patty, watch out for all the snow birds who come down spreading their Northern germs. I keep a bottle of Chloraseptic throat spray handy after I have been out there working all day with the visitors coming into the area.. :)

HolyNight7 01-18-2006 05:01 AM

LOL, Yea I know they hog up the roads too.