Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's your LEAST favorite holiday?? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9191)

ReineV 05-13-2008 11:37 AM

What's your LEAST favorite holiday??

Come on people! Admit it. We all have a least favorite holiday! Whether it's Valentines day because you think it's pointless, or Halloween because it promotes cavities, give me your least favorite day of the year!

Mine would actually have to be New Years Eve (I still dislike Valentines day! If you really love someone, you shouldn't need a day to remind you to treat your significant other special!). I don't like New Years Eve because it literally signals the end of the holiday season. It seriously breaks my heart! It's so bitter sweet. It's like "Yay! The new year...but awww....gotta take the tree and lights down soon." New Years is sooooo depressing.

JayIsh 05-13-2008 12:11 PM

I've always found Labor Day to be depressing...Years ago I spent alot of time in Cape Cod, MA. It seemed like I was always there for Labor Day weekend and then the following week...The difference between the place on Sunday at noon and Monday at noon was dramatic to say the least...Nobody was around after noon Monday...It really depressed me...so much so that we've changed our plans and try to go around The fourth of July now...

clarebear 05-13-2008 12:38 PM

I'd have to say Valentines Day, it is overated.

Sunshine73 05-15-2008 10:25 AM

Hmmm...I never really thought that much about it but I guess I'd have to say 'New Year's Eve' as well for pretty much the same reason...it signals the end of the Christmas season.

mammaduke 05-15-2008 11:33 AM

I never thought about it until I looked at it, I have to agree, New years Eve, then I know I'll have to take everything down & the holiday season is all done for another year.

thechristmasnut 05-15-2008 11:41 AM

St. Pattys Day..

ReineV 05-15-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechristmasnut (Post 75625)
St. Pattys Day..

Oh no!! :0 Seriously?! I love St. Patty's! My friends and I go to Savannah and run up and down River Street for eight hours!

Maureen 05-15-2008 04:07 PM

It's funny how St Patrick's Day is celebrated in North America and the Irish Republic and it's just an ordinary day everywhere else. No parades, no green beer (yeuch, by the way) no green anything.

Valentine's Day - I'd rather 364 days of little inconsequential things being done (run a bath for me, sit there and listed to me rant, sit me down in front of the computer with a glass of wine etc. etc.) that one day of "I love you - here, take these flowers and chocolates" with not much the rest of the time

New Year's Eve - got to the point now where I'd rather stay at home with my family and hear myself think!! It's always an anti-climax after Christmas anyway.

Yep, think I've got them covered!!!!!!

:snowball:

purplecrush 05-20-2008 10:26 AM

Hmm I guess Id say Valentines day. I agree, you should show someone you love them..ALL year, not on just one day, (and sometimes that One day is forgotten!!!)

ReineV 05-20-2008 11:24 AM

AMEN (Listen up fellas!) LOL