Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   DH Got Laid off. (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9634)

Sunshine73 06-05-2008 12:59 PM

DH Got Laid off.

:(

I don't even know what to say. He's worked hard for this company for three years. He's saved them time, money and resources. He's worked overtime without asking for pay and he's definitely gone above and beyond his job description and they told him Monday that there just wasn't enough work for him.

I'm just ready to pull my hair out. Thankfully we have some money in savings but I'm just heartbroken because that money is the result of sacrifice and struggle and we were planning to use it for a much needed vacation and as a down payment on a house within the next year or so. Now we'll have to use it to survive and hope it lasts long enough to keep us afloat until he finds another job.

We'll lose our medical/dental insurance. Oh, sure, we could keep it through COBRA if we could afford the $1200 per month premium...which we couldn't afford even if DH still HAD a job...now that he's without income, there's no way we can afford that much to keep insurance.

I can't stop crying. I want to be supportive for my DH but I'm just crushed. Of course, he's applied for unemployment and he's looking for a job but the market is tough right now and even with his qualifications it's going to be difficult. He's got some leads but most are out of town which would require either a long commute (not good with gas prices being the way they are) or us moving (not good because I would have to quit my awesome job that I love).

We just had to deal with the death of my father-in-law last October and DH's major surgeries/infections last August - November. We're just getting back on our feet from that and now this? I don't know how much more I can handle. :cry:

JayIsh 06-05-2008 01:18 PM

I'm sorry to hear this bad news Sunshine...And I know the last thing you'll want to hear is some stranger telling you that it'll all be ok...But I have faith that God hasn't brought you this far to drop you on your head now...More will be revealed, and the best is yet to come!!!

Jay

Mumof2 06-05-2008 01:57 PM

Sunshine..Im so sorry to hear that,My Hubby lost his job in March I know how you feel.it's hard to figure out why,but We looked at it like well it wasn't meant to be.so we've moved on and it takes time but he'll find a great job soon.just keep looking toward the future everything will fall into it's place...:) :)

mammaduke 06-05-2008 02:35 PM

Sunshine I am so sorry to hear about your DH lossing his job. I know how hard it is we were getting back on our feet when my DH came down with cancer & we have been struggling every since, but as Jay said have faith in the Lord & he'll help you through this . Just as he has helped us.
I'll keep you both in my prayers, & pray that he finds a job soon.

Laney 06-05-2008 03:40 PM

Sending you much love and prayers right now.

MrsH 06-05-2008 03:52 PM

Sunshine...I'm so sorry to hear about your husband being laid off. I hope that Illinois had good unemployment benefits (Florida's has a maximum of $275 a week). Are they offering any out placement help (ie. resume writing, re-training)?

I will keep your family in my prayers.

Annette1990 06-05-2008 04:23 PM

Sunshine...I too am really sorry to hear this. I am sure you are stressed out beyond belief. Not knowing what's going to happen next can be unnerving. I will also keep you all in my prayers that something looks up for your husband soon. Take care and hang in there. Things will get better.

momnan30 06-05-2008 05:01 PM

God stands with us when we are in trouble. Pray for wisdom to make good decisions for your family at this difficult time. I know that we will all remember to send up a prayer for you as well. One day at a time...

DoubleA 06-06-2008 12:01 AM

Things always work out for good people, and you are one of the best. Im sorry this has happened and I wish you luck.

Minta 06-06-2008 07:22 AM

Sunshine,

Sorry to hear about this. I am sure things will pick up for you. I am firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I understand how you feel. I was laid off the week before Christmas but found a better job that pays better too. Has your husband posted his resume on line? If not I would suggest he do that. Just take things one day at a time and try not to stress too much about it. Hang in there and we are here for you.