Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Traditions & Memories (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Opening Presents (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=966)

Mr. Christmas 07-07-2006 08:48 PM

Opening Presents

Do you open all of your presents on Christmas day or do you open some on Christmas Eve? We open all of ours on Christmas morning.

elfworks 07-07-2006 08:51 PM

i open presents as soon i get em! and make the ppl i get gifts for to open them as soon as i give them!!!

xo

Jeff Westover 07-08-2006 01:44 AM

Man, have you got a lot to learn.

digbugsgirl 07-10-2006 08:25 AM

We open hubby's family on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning, hubby and I open ours. That evening we usually open my family's.

Brandy

elfworks 07-10-2006 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover
Man, have you got a lot to learn.

i do have a lot to learn, but not on this particular subject!

i spend xmas with my mother who only ever has a few days off. she and i love love love getting each other presents. we both spend the whole year creating the perfect group of gifts and stocking stuffers for each other. sometimes one of us has done a "theme" sometimes not. she usually drives up and i go help her unload her car and then we say ok... one present. then we have a snack or something and open another and keep going! i have a group of friends that always come over during this 3 day period. we have gifts for them and they have gifts for us and we eat fabulous food and drink great wine and have marvelous convos.

i couldnt get any better for us!

xo

sheepsnot 07-10-2006 06:59 PM

It all depends on who we are with. My parents' tradition is to open the gifts on Christmas Eve. Not sure why, but never cared, either. My wife's family opened gifts on Christmas Day, so we end up splitting the occasion between the two. I see more and more people moving Christmas to a day that suits them more, as if it was Presidents Day or some other lame holiday. (I love the presidents, but the holiday is l-a-m-e-o, and lame-o was it's name-o.) 8)

Jeff Westover 07-10-2006 07:08 PM

Ok, Elfworks...since it is your mother, I guess you can break the rules. I just thought being a Gentile and all you, of all people, would be beholden to Santa and his merry traditions.

Santa, as you know, is an anagram for Satan. [sigh]

Jeff

Jeff Westover 07-10-2006 07:10 PM

President's day is lame, Sheep? Not in my house. We dress the kids up in beards and top hats and have them throw silver dollars over the stream out back.

HomeLights 07-10-2006 07:49 PM

LOL

We each open 1 gift on Christmas eve and then the rest in the morning.

sheepsnot 07-10-2006 07:51 PM

I know you're kidding, right Jeff? Abraham Lincoln did now throw silver dollars, it was that other guy, George Stephanopolous.