Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Whoa! The alarm went off.... (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9922)

Maebeary 06-19-2008 10:19 PM

Whoa! The alarm went off....

I'm sure glad I wasn't in bed/sleeping. (I was playing a game on the computer.) The alarm went off....our Brink's alarm. It sounded different. I thought someone had tried to get in. It turns out it was the smoke detector and did it ever bring out the fire department. We had 2 trucks, an ambulance and another vehicle. There's a high school down the road.....3 houses away.....from what I heard on the radio, there were a couple there, too. They were told to stay there. OMG! My heart is still beating fast. I have no idea what set it off. The firemen (turns out we knew one of them) said it could be dirty and to vacuum around it and inside it. OMG! I saw neighbors outside. I'm sure I don't want this to ever happen again. It will be a while before I can go sleep. I was just getting ready to go. I'm also glad it wasn't anything. I did apologize and one of the men said that there was no need. I sure felt as if there was. It was a scary moment. (A fire is one of my biggest fears.)

Annette1990 06-19-2008 10:52 PM

Maeberry...Glad to hear it was nothing serious.

MrsH 06-20-2008 04:49 AM

WOW!!! How scary. At least you know that the alarm system works and really does bring the troups and firemen out to help you.

Maebeary 06-20-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsH (Post 83026)
WOW!!! How scary. At least you know that the alarm system works and really does bring the troups and firemen out to help you.

Oh, I was pleased that the system works! I'm just so darned tired today!! I'm going to go put a movie in and likely fall asleep during it.

Holiday 06-20-2008 10:32 AM

You were "just testing" the system!! Lol! Glad everthing is alright! Make sure that movie you put in is a good Christmas movie!! :)

Maebeary 06-20-2008 01:43 PM

I ended up putting in "Hans Christian Anderson." I just love that movie and knew I'd know what was going on if I fell asleep. I did fall asleep but minutes later, hubby called to say he was on his way home. So much for sleep..................

Buddercup 06-20-2008 06:45 PM

So glad to hear that you are safe & sound Maebeary. Love ya! mammaduke

Sunshine73 06-20-2008 08:22 PM

That must have been tough on the nerves!! I'm glad it was a false alarm and nothing more serious!!

Christmasstar 06-21-2008 03:17 PM

where the firemen good looking?

Just wondering cheesy
So glad to hear it was nothing to worry about and you are all ok!

sugarplum fairy 06-21-2008 04:25 PM

I bet that was scary. I'm glad everything turned out to be ok.cheesy