View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Describe the your PERFECT Christmas!

Since life gets in the way, not every Christmas is the ideal Christmas right? Whether it's because a family member can't attend or finances are tight, sometimes things just aren't as storybook as we wish they could be! So now, take the time to tell all us the story of your perfect Christmas. From a quiet night at home with just you and your hubby to a big family party! Give us the complete rundown!

Here's mine:

December 23: My oldest sister and her husband (they haven’t been able to spend a Christmas with us for a loooong time) will fly in from Phoenix and after getting settled, the entire family will pile into vans to drive up to a large log cabin in the North Georgia Mountains. During the late afternoon, we'll go to a nearby Christmas tree farm and cut one down ourselves. We'll put it on the roof of our car and take it back to the cabin to decorate it and have hot cocoa and egg nog. We'll spend the evening watching Christmas movies. As the sun sets, snow will begin to silently fall.

December 24: When we wake up, several inches have collected on the ground, but the snow is still falling! My fiancé and I cook the whole family a full breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes and hash browns. After breakfast, we’ll go horseback riding at a local ranch in the snow then head back to the cabin where we’ll have more hot chocolate and watch more Christmas movies. That evening, my sisters and I will help my mother prepare her famous Christmas day dinner (something we haven’t been all together to do in about 10 years!). We’ll eat sandwiches or pizza for dinner since the next evening we’ll be eating so much! We all retreat to our separate areas of the cabin to finish wrapping gifts for each other before bed. At midnight, the couples in the family will exchange one gift as we sit around the tree and watch the lights flicker and dance before our eyes.

December 25: We’ll all wake up early and say a prayer together, gathered around the tree, holding hands and thanking God for allowing us to be together, celebrating and giving thanks. After, we’ll get back in the kitchen and really start to cook up the rest of Christmas dinner. We’ll laugh, talk and listen to the fire crackle in the fireplace. The snow outside has started up again. We’ll sit down and eat an early dinner, filling our bellies with honey ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, macaroni and cheese casserole, yams and collards. After everyone helps clear the table and put away the food, we’ll gather around the tree and hand out gifts. After everyone is buried waist-deep in shredded wrapping paper, we’ll have a slice of apple or pumpkin pie and watch one last Christmas movie…because the next morning we’ll head back down the mountain and back to reality. My sister will get back on the plane and go to Phoenix and all will be normal again.

That’s my perfect Christmas…

Tell yours!
Snow is falling... (10-04-2008), Wenceslaus (09-30-2008)