Thread: Gifting Poll
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
1. Who do you have on your list this year?

My DH, my mom, DH's mom, my three sisters, my brother, my DH's sister and her DH, my brother-in-law, my four nephews, DH's nephew and neice, my step-daughter, and a small assortment of friends and co-workers.

2. Do you have a spending limit for each person, or a personal budget? We have a budget for Christmas overall...how that gets broken down per person depends on what kind of deals I can find. Usually I limit it to about $15 for neice and nephews, $20 for the parentals and siblings, $15 - $20 for friends...but most of the time I find great deals so I'll end up getting a $50 gift for like $10.

3. Do you get into homemade gifts or is everything store-bought? Mostly store bought but the girls at my book club have come to expect a goody tray. There was almost a revolt the year I actually bought them a gift instead of baking.

4. Do you ask people what they want or does it have to be a surprise? Depends on the person. I try to take note all year of interests, things that are mentioned off hand but that might make a handy gift, that sort of thing. If I'm truly stumped (like with my 16 year old step-daughter), I'll ask but I like to avoid it if I can.

5. Any rules you have for yourself when buying things? Not really. I just try to find things that the person will like and get the best deal on them. I LOVE clearance sales...last year I found Cherished Teddy Figurines clearanced at our local Hallmark shop...some of them were originally $65.00 and they were clearanced for $3.00.

6. Wrapping paper, gift bags, or other? Gift wrap if at all possible. I'm very fussy about the wrapping paper...it has to be pretty and there have to be different colors and patterns under the tree or it just isn't right. I have, on occasion, resorted to a gift bag but only in extremely odd circumstances when I just can't neatly wrap the gift...that's rare though, I can even neatly wrap a football.