View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick View Post
In the scheme of things, $90 isn't that bad for a flashlight. What'd you get him?

Just for comparison, the "Borealis" flashlight system built into a 3D cell MagLite body goes for about $300. Still not nearly the most expensive on the market. Heck, even my MagCharger goes for about $80 new and I spent $30 upgrading it (though the light itself was given to me by an old police officer), and it's not really all that impressive.
I can't think of what the light was. I want to say a streamlight. $90 isn't that bad except that he's got 1 on his night stand, 1 (Maglight) under the bed, 1 on a charger in his truck, 1 (Mag light) in my car, 1 in his car, 2 survivor lights for his fire gear, some other kind of bright light for his rescue helmet and he just bought 1 for his dad and a smaller version for himself! We're maxed out on flashlights here! I know he's got more but, I've blocked them from my memory! I'm not going to even tell him about this thread because if he finds out that there's one out there for $300 he'll want that one. He also has gone through 2 of those million candle power spotlights as well. Sheesh! How much more light do we need?