View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,326 Times in 3,114 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I am the youngest of 7 ~ 3 brothers & 3 sisters. My oldest sister was 18 when I was born, then the 3 boys, 17, 16, & 15 years older than me, next is a sister who is 14 years older than me & then another sister who is 7 years older than me & I love them all like crazy! My Dad turned 81 in December & my Mom will be 80 February 1st. All of us "kids" are married - my oldest sister has 3 daughters & a son - 2 of the girls are married, 1 with 2 sons, & 1 with a baby daugter, & the other girl (my Godchild) is getting married in July. My next 2 brothers are married but no kids, & my youngest brother has 5 kids - 3 boys & 2 girls...one girl getting married in May of 2010. My next sister has a son & a daughter, both in college - the last sister closest in age to me has a son & 2 daughters. So that makes 14 nieces & nephews, 2 great nephews & a great niece! We come up with many reasons to get together often...Moms birthday, Easter, Fathers Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas & then there are just days for: scrapbooking, going out for dinner, going to a show, movie nights, making a kettle of soup, pizza night, candy making day...whatever!! My middle brother lives in Massachusettes, so when he comes home, we all get together to see him too. We all went bowling on Saturday...so really, any excuse to get together. We have dinner at the lake a few times a year in the summer. We only get together with aunts/uncles/cousins once a year - labor day weekend on my Moms side & at Christmas on my Dads side. BUT many of them live in this area so we will run into them at the store, etc. In 1997 my Dad had a stroke, which changed his life a lot - he couldn't eat or swallow for 6 months after that. He had to learn to swallow & walk again. We are so thankful that he is still here with us (& knock on wood) doing well! He has good days & some not as good days, but he keeps plugging along! Seems like the winters are hard on him...so I'm always praying to keep him strong!! My Mom is a lady on the move...no grass grows under her feet - she doesn't miss a football, basketball or volleyball game (if a grandchild is playing) & she goes to the Y 3 days a week for water aerobics, goes for coffee clutch at the bar on Saturday mornings (we give her such a hard time about that...it's 9 am on Saturday & my Moms at the bar again!! Lol!!) if we have a movie night or a "girls trip" planned, she is not going to miss it...again, knocking on wood!!! I don't want to jinx her!!

My hubby has 2 sisters & a brother - all married - and 8 nieces & nephews ranging in age from a Freshman in high school down to 5 months old. We don't get together with them as often as we do with my family, but we do see them often. My hubby see's his parents almost every day, or at least 3-4 times a week. They are all wonderful people! We get together with his aunts/uncles/cousins 2-3 times a year: Easter, Halloween, & Christmas.

My Grandma (Moms Mom) died before I was born, both my Grandpa's died when I was 4 & my Grandma (Dads Mom) died in 1996 - I still miss her - what a wonderful Grandma she was! My hubby only has 1 Grandma living & she is in the nursing home. She was doing pretty well, but now she has congestive heart failure, so she is on an oxygen tank, but still looking good!