Old 10-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
Report a "Grinch" Underway

From my friends at the Liberty Counsel, www.lc.org:

October 20, 2006

Report A "Grinch"

Just last week we wrote you about how you can "Help Save Christmas", and you are already reporting back about what is happening in your area. The ACLU has threatened to sue Berkley, Michigan over a nativity scene display which also includes a Star of David, Christmas trees, a Santa Claus figure, a Santa’s Mailbox, and a “Seasons Greetings” sign.

We are also receiving reports about retailers that are ignoring Christmas.

A man from Mississippi reports:

In a town where I work, Lowe's ... has already insulted me with their "Happy Holidays" on everything in the store. Sure there is an angel or two and maybe a small nativity display for sale, but most everything there is "Holiday".

If we ignore these attacks on Christmas that seem small, we will eventually be faced with persecution as our faith is swept from the public square. The secularization of Christmas is nothing new. Christianity Today reported a few years ago that in the Vietnamese province of Dak Lak, children's choirs were forbidden to sing "Silent Night." The Soviet Union eventually folded all Christmas commemorations into New Years celebrations. From 1969 to 1997, Christmas was banned in Cuba. Such examples are endless. It's time to band together and help save Christmas.

Are the "grinches" at work in your town already? We want to hear about it. Send an email to liberty@lc.org and file a "grinch" report!