View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
star

I loved the book, read it first. Then in the late 1960's I seen the movie on the big screen at a theater in Virginia. It was awesome to see it in a movie theater.

I love the story for Margaret Mitchell manage to weave so much into the storyline.

History (my favorite period of history); the love a woman has for a man, the love a man has for a woman, true christian character protrayed in Melanie, Scarlett's sister-in-law and best friend though Scarlett could never see what a friend she was because of her own selfish ambitions. And how deeply Rhett loved Scarlett but because of her own selfishness and pride she could not receive his love.

The cast choices were perfect and who wouldn't love Mammy, that dear grand lady who loved her employers and yet loved Scarlett enough to correct her and had wisdom to know the hearts of Scarlett and Rhett's and tell them what she seen and did not like about them.

It showed the foolishness of the era and rules of society that when times got hard, people had to learn what was really important.

She wrote about the fabric of people and how no matter what happens, people can and do come above it only to become better for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to joyful For This Useful Post:
Wenceslaus (05-11-2009)