View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,303 Times in 5,598 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful View Post
I love the 4th of July. Do I set off fireworks, no. But I do so appreciate what those people did back in the time leading up to July 4th, 1776 and the time after that I feel it's a celebration of gigantic proportions.
Every man who signed the Declaration of Independence could have signed his own death warrant. But yet they did sign because they believe in God's word and they believed in the right to be free.
I don't feel the media does enough to promote this holiday. People take so much for granted and have had freedom for so long that they don't even think about the brave men and women who made it all possible and continue to make it possible by serving in our nations armed forces.

I guess I'm a yankee doodle dandy. And a very grateful citizen of the United States of America.
Thanks, joyful. That really says quite well why we celebrate the Fourth. I'm very thankful that our forefathers had the courage to do what they did. The U.S.A. isn't perfect, but when you consider some of the alternatives---and when you consider that what was then no less than an experimental form of government is still working after more than 200 years---we're a fine country.

Count me another Yankee Doodle Dandy.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
joyful (06-29-2009), loksi (07-01-2009)