View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Last Achievements

sdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elf
Customs of Christmas radio piece

When I was growing up there was a radio station in Albany, NY, that had a Christmas show starting at 6:00 pm Christmas Eve lasting until midnight Christmas day called The 30 Hours Of Christmas. During those 30 hours they played what I'm calling a filler piece, for lack of a better term, called the Customs Of Christmas. It consisted of several pieces, each about 3 minutes long, each explaining the origin of one of the customs of Christmas. One piece was on Santa Claus, another on the poinsettia, and so one. It seems, if my memory is correct, that the last line of each piece was "and that's just one of our Customs of Christmas." Does anyone else remember hearing these pieces? Better yet does anyone have a copy of them. I'd love to obtain a copy myself.

"In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child." - Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdkluger For This Useful Post:
snowytree (08-09-2012), Undrtakr (07-03-2009)