View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,142 Times in 12,623 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
Well, it's a few days after the event but just thought I'd let you know how it went at the Garden Party

We had the most glorious sunny day and I got a bit of sunburn - totally not expected!!! Iced coffee and finger sandwiches and people 4 deep to try and see the Queen. She was very small and was in a pink hat, pink dress and white coat. We learned very quickly that if people were looking at her, they wouldn't be in the food tents!!!! It worked very well!!!!

It was THE place to people watch. One unfortunate lady was sporting a complete moustache which curled at the edges. Another had what could only be described as a dead rooster on her head.

Me, I felt I should be opening on the main stage at the Golden Nugget or at least in a saloon going by the name of Kitty - I think it had something to do with the feathers in my hair. I've posted a picture of Bruce and I, so it should show up randomly!!!

All in all, it was an experience and I'm sure the Queen was thrilled we were there!!
sounds like you had a great time! I too love to people watch, it is more entertaining than TV.
I saw the Queen once, she came to Prince George BC to open up the new University of Northren BC. (we lived there at the time) I was surprised at how small she was. When all you see of her is on TV you never think about her hight.