View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Your panel ought to have a main breaker which ususally has the amperage rating on the handle. Sometimes not though.

C9 - 7 watts per bulb - 25 light string = 1.5 amps
Mini lights - 100 light string = .51 amps

You have 23 sets of C9's = 36 amps. I factor in continuous use which is 1.25 x the amperage so the C9's are 36 x 1.25 = 45amps.
20 sets of 100 count minis - 10.2A x 1.25 = 12.75
You're looking at 57.75 amps, not counting the wire frames and any additional.

If your service happens to be a 200 amp service, you're probably in good shape, even to add many more and a 100A subpanel.

If your service is 100A you're probably close to the limit depending on theings like how much of your appliances are electric - water heater, heating, cooking. If all of that is gas, then you still might have a little room.

The best bet would be a 200 amp main service with a 100 amp sub-panel.
I just noticed that you said you had two panels and about 30 circuits, so my guess is that you have a 200 amp service. Best to let a local electrician check it out though.