View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Jolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry dispositionJolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry dispositionJolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry dispositionJolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry disposition
If I'm not working, I start my day around 7am. I turn on all the Christmas lights and then gather my tv/vcr combo, dvd player and all my Christmas movies/favorite childhood cartoons and set them up in the diningroom. I pop in one of the programs and while it's playing, I start a pot of coffee. After I've watched a few minutes of the program, enjoyed a cup of coffee and fixed a second cup, I put on my apron and start making the many holiday candies on my list, along with a couple of peanut butter pies. I finish with the sweets around 5pm (I stop a few times to watch the Christmas programs) and then start the food. By this time, I have watched MANY Christmas programs, some twice. On Christmas Eve, one of our local tv stations always plays "It's A Wonderful Life". I have this movie on tape, but it's always better to watch it on tv, so this movie is playing while I cook the few side dishes I make for the Christmas dinner.

I, usually, finish up the cooking and cleaning of the kitchen around 10pm, then head for a bath and bed. I too lie in bed reminiscing about my childhood and I will sometimes look at the sky in hopes of catching a glimpse of Rudolph's nose. Of course, as an adult, I know it's a plane I'm looking at, but when I was a child, I just knew that was Rudolph leading Santa's sleigh through the sky.

Alot of my friends hear about my Christmas Eve cooking day and complain about how tiring it sounds. It's alot of work, but I really enjoy it. I just shutout the outside world, put on the Christmas programs and enter my own little world. It really enhances my Christmas spirit.

If I'm working Christmas Eve, I make the candies the weekend before and then the food Christmas Eve night. Again, the movies/cartoons are playing the whole time.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jolly Old Elf Mary For This Useful Post:
aleighanne (09-14-2012), ballcoach (09-30-2009), Beki (10-05-2009), hilarios (11-10-2009), MsChristmas (09-30-2009), Neotericisis (10-24-2012), snowflake22 (09-18-2012), xmasbug (10-16-2012)