View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
star Favorite Cookie Recipes

I thought it would be nice to share our favorite cookie recipes. In a few short months baking time will be here and we can be ready with our new recipes. I'm sure many have more than one and it's ok to share all of them. I like tried and true recipes and tips. Here is my husband's favorite cookie, it tops sugar cookies (which is still one of his favorites).

If you like raisin cookies but really don't like the time and skill of making Raisin Filled Cookies, then you will love this recipe.

RAISIN PUFFS
1 cup dark seeedless raisins 1/2 cup golden raisins 1 cup water 1 cup shortening 1 and 1/2 cups sugar 2 eggs, slightly beaten 2 and 1/2 cups sifted flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla

Cook raisins in water over moderate heart until all the water is absorbed. Set aside to cool. Cream shortening, sugar and eggs until fluffy. Sift flour with soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture with raisins and vanilla. Mix well. Shap into small balls and roll in granulated sugar. Bake on greased baking sheet at 350 for 15 minutes. Very good, enjoy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joyful For This Useful Post:
belljoy (08-11-2009), ChristmasFanatic56 (10-12-2009), ronda43701 (08-06-2009)