View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
A Different Kind of Christmas

I am having very mixed feelings about my side of the family's Christmas this year. The family is changing the ENTIRE way of doing Christmas this year!! Everyone bought everyone a gift. The "tree" took several hours because we opened one present at a time. We happily drug it out as long as possible.

Now they want to draw names...ummm...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know many other people do this but it will feel foreign. I am very much a tradition person and we've done it the other way since I WAS BORN!

Why now? Because my brother and his wife are cheap...plain and simple (and they make more money than anyone else in the family!!). They convinced everyone that this is better, cheaper and the money we would've used we can donate to a needy family. Sounds great in theory....I just don't think the latter will happen in the end. If they are looking to save money, why would they give it to needy people if they don't even want to spend it on their own family?!

If we adopt a family for Christmas and provide a tree, trimmings, presents, etc. then I would be happy with the idea. I truly don't think it'll happen.

Another thing, Christmas will be over in less than 30 minutes. One present each, except for the kids.

No months long shopping, no picking out the perfect gift that you know they'll love, no NOTHING!!!

UGH ~