View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

silver bells is a new face around here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy Carol
Most definitely the build up but sometimes I wish I wouldn't build it up so much. I know that sounds crazy but like Dominick I am normally very disappointed come the actual day. We used to have HUGE Christmas celebrations but in the past few years my sis and family haven't been able to come home and my nephews have gotten older (and not so much into it anymore) so the family aspect is gone. My parents moved from our family home so that is gone. Normally it is a very quiet day, not much more different than any other day of the week.
Same here. I love all of the build up to the holidays but the actual day is kinda quiet unless we make the trip south. This year I know that I have to work so it's already a little depressing to know that I have to spend the holidays away from my kids and husband. (I have to work Christmas Eve night and Christmas night) Although I know that they understand, I've been a nurse for almost 18 years, I kinda feel like that I'm letting them down by being gone. The trade off is that I'm off the next 2 Christmases so that helps!