View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,569 Times in 3,711 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Today, Denise and I took Thor's blankets, beds, bowls, heartworm tabs, 20 lbs. remaining of a forty lb. bag of dry dog food, cuddle ball and toys to Animal Friends (the local rescue shelter that we got Thor from eleven years ago... it cost fifty dollars, including a six week obedience training course... best fifty dollars I ever spent in my life) as sorely needed donations (we washed them first)... when we were there, they let us tour the facility... lots of wonderful looking dogs of various ages there... Denise cried most of the time, I choked up (I think my tear ducts are empty after yesterday)... the pain and loss are still too great only a day after Thor's passing, but the visit showed me that I DO have the capacity to love another dog like I loved Thor (just in a slightly different way)... NOTHING will ever replace my best buddy and it wouldn't be fair to any new dog to try to make him/her fit Thor's personality and rituals... but, someday we will probably go there for a new friend... it's a slight improvement that I can type this without bawling my eyes out... healing takes time and I'm VERY grateful to all my friends on the board here for all your warm, heartfelt wishes... it helps a lot... you guys (and gals) Jingle Bell ROCK!
ballcoach (08-18-2009), JOHNOR (08-19-2009), Santa's Helper (08-19-2009)