View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,478 Times in 9,043 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
Remember having to actually have to go to the theatre to see a movie. And if you didn't it, was like a 2 or 4 year wait before it would be shown on TV. No VCRs or DVD players.
This was the biggest drag of not having a VCR or DVD players in those days. We were only able to see, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and more only ONCE A YEAR! My kids freaked out when I told them that. They would ask, "you had no way at all to watch those shows more than once"? Oh no, we had to make sure we were in front of the tv on time to watch it and you didn't get another chance.

That is probably why, as an adult, I play them so much and watch them over and over. We didn't have that privilege when we were kids.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!