View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,243 Times in 495 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Ok so I check out the Phillips icicle lights (LED version). I bought one last night from Target because it was on sale and I just wanted to check out one before I bought a bunch of them for my house.

Well...I gotta say...I'm a bit disappointed. I was really looking for an LED icicle light that would look really similar to my mini-light icicle lights. These don't really look like that, plus they are 4x the cost (a little more than that actually). Now I can get around the cost because of the energy savings, but there were only 70 bulbs for a 9.6 ft lighted length. The others are like 300 lights in an ~19 ft length. That's a big difference to me. So the lights are 4x the cost and they have about half the bulbs per length. I am going to take them back and just buy some regular multi-colored icicle lights.

BUT I do really really like the Target version of the plain LED strands of lights, because you can get those in those new faceted bulbs (I think). I thought those looked really cool. So I will just get some of those for my bushes and keep the regular lights for the house itself.

Just thought you guys would want to know my review.

Maybe you know of a better LED icicle light? I looked at both Wal-Mart and Target.