View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
present A little means a lot

Wanted to share something with you all, then see if any of you have ever had something like this happen to you.

First of all, back in Maryland I had a yellow lab named Max. He was my best friend, unfortunately when I moved to Texas, I couldn't bring him with me. Well about a year ago, he got sick and my mom had to put him down. She called me while we were out shopping to tell me, and I stood in the store crying.

Well this past Christmas, my step-daughter, Tiffany, bought an ornament of a yellow lab, and gave it to me as a Christmas present. It wasn't expensive at all, maybe a couple of dollars, but it meant the world to me. I actually teared up a bit when I opened it, and she thought she upset me, but I told her that it was one of the most wonderful and thoughtful gifts I ever got. I have it sitting right in front of me on my computer desk all the time, that one small gesture actually brought me and Tiffany closer together, I love her like she was my own daughter. I always felt that way, but that just showed me how much she thinks of me. It kinda brought home to me whan people say it is the thought, not the gift that counts.

So are there any small gifts that you got that meant more because of the thought behind it? Whether it is bought or handmade, and it doesn't even have to be Christmas related, it can be anything.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-11-2009), ChristmasHeart (08-20-2010), pkcrafty (10-11-2009), Spyells (10-01-2011), trackrebel (08-21-2010)