View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Well I have 2 stories. The first one happened to me at my old work place. I was in a really down kind of a mood, crying and not being myself. I was going through a break up with my boyfriend and some people didn't really know what was going on but they knew that I was upset. I am always the fun, smiling, laughing girl at work that likes to joke around so when I wasn't acting like myself people noticed right away. Well one morning when I came in I found a pack of Eat 'N Park Smiley cookies on my desk. This older guy (he was in his late 50's I'd say, I was about 22) came up to me and said that he didn't know what was going on with me but he noticed that I was having a bad week so he bought me some smiley cookies to cheer me up! He said I looked like I could use a smile. That made my day and I was in a better mood after that. So sweet of him!

The other story has to do with a gift that I bought for my mom. She had just been laid off from her job after 11 years with them. It was right after Christmas and she got the call while she was home sick from work. She was nervous about starting over being that she was in her late 50's. She was so upset, crying all day, worrying about finding a job, money and she was bored out of her mind with nothing to do all day. So I went out and bought her an addresss book/greeting card organizer so that she could get her addresses in order and I got her some cards to put in it so that she could put them in her new organizer and have them ready for upcoming birthdays. It was something that she said she always wanted to do but never had the time to sit down and do it. I also bought her some spa items like body wash, lotion, a gift certificate to get her nails done and some other items like candles and a card. I made up a basket and took it to her and told her that I hope it helped her to feel better. I also took her an application for the company that I worked for and I set up an interview for her. She's been there for 5 going on 6 years now! She was thrilled! She said it really helped her and she appreciated the gesture. She was relieved that she was only out of a job for a few months too.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-21-2010), Christmas-A-Holic (10-11-2009), ChristmasHeart (08-21-2010), jolly elf (08-21-2010), Snow-in-Texas (10-11-2009)