View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Mistletoeologist

Smiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineV View Post
For us, the decorations start creeping out after Halloween and usually are fully up (minus the tree) by Thanksgiving. I like to call Thanksgiving "The opening ceremonies of Christmas". Here in Atlanta, there's the lighting of the Macy's tree on Thanksgiving night and our family always sits down after dinner to watch people sing carols and light the tree on tv.
I'm gonna try to get my boyfriend to take me to the tree lighting this year...he doesn't know it yet lol!!!

As a child it was "officially Christmas" when my grandmother gathered up all of my cousins & baked cookies & sang to/with us, & let us sit up all night eating junk food . Now as an adult living on my own it doesn't really hit me until I go home with my family for the holidays. Its so hot down in Savannah you can never tell its Christmas if it weren't for the lights LOL!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smiley21 For This Useful Post:
Emmy Piper (11-03-2009), jolly elf (11-03-2009), lauriebear777 (11-05-2009)