View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 07:21 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,244 Times in 496 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Actually I have seriously considered hiring someone, but it just doesn't seem as satisfying as when I do it. I guess that's a bit stupid since I now have a high roof, but it's just how I wanted to do it this year.

Sooooo...I got up there. I borrowed my friend's ladder (30 ft) and strung up multi-colored swag lights on the garage and above the porch. Then we decided that there was no way we were going to get the ladder to reach up to the flat part above the second story. Therefore, I am going to the Target to buy that 11' pole with the special clips so I can put multi-colored icicle lights up on the flat part above the second story window. I will do this by standing on top of the porch and just reaching up with the pole. I was up there yesterday putting the swag lights on the porch and it's really stable and non-steep.

I've pretty much given up on the highest part.

Once I got up high on that ladder (getting to the part above the garage) it was really scary! I was pretty surprised how nervous I felt.

I'll post pictures when I get a chance!