Thread: Hello everyone!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 03:31 AM
Merry Forums Newbie

PoliticallyIncorrect has shown a merry disposition
Hello everyone!

My name is Brian, and I am from Rhode Island (yes, we are a real state... no giggling!)

I am SICK AND **** TIRED of people trying to shut down Christmas. Last year I was introduced to a friend's friend a week before Christmas, and she seemed nice enough. Then, just as we were about to leave, I said "Hey, Merry Christmas" and she snapped at me! "Umm, excuse me, you DO realize there are OTHER holidays than Christmas at this time of year, right?"

OK Last I checked, I wasn't Jewish... but I have a Jewish friend who wishes me a Happy Hanukkah (sorry for the spelling) and I wish him a Merry Christmas, and we both enjoy that... you know why? Because it's a GREETING. Regardless of the religious undertones, you're simply wishing happiness to a fellow human being during a time of year that YOU hold sacred to yourself.

Look, I'm not a big religious person... In fact, I don't even HAVE a religion. But I enjoy Christmas, because it is not just an religious holiday, but an AMERICAN holiday. Not to mention it's a FEDERAL holiday... but for some reason, we can't say "Merry Christmas"?? I've had ENOUGH of that.

So, on my own website (I am a producer for a non-profit video production society that films ghost stories and such) I put a big ol' MERRY CHRISTMAS on my front page, and I'm leaving it there from now until 12/26. If people don't like it, they can suck it. As you can tell, I'm not very politically correct.

Nice to meet all of you
The Following User Says Thank You to PoliticallyIncorrect For This Useful Post:
Annette1990 (12-13-2009)